The Future of Sourcing Awards is all about recognizing innovation and transformation in the industry, but it’s also about inspiring the next generation sourcing, procurement and risk professionals.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (PRWEB) October 25, 2019
SIG, the premier membership organization for sourcing, procurement and outsourcing recognizes the winners of its second annual Future of Sourcing Awards.
The Awards program, which took place Wednesday, October 16, 2019, recognized companies and individuals that are transforming, innovating and leading the sourcing, procurement and outsourcing industry. The winner of each award represented the best example of innovation and showcased the greatest achievement in fundamentally changing the nature of their business.
Awards were presented and winners announced in eight team categories, two individual categories and three people were inducted into the Sourcing Supernova Hall of Fame. In some team categories, the scoring was so close that two winners were announced.
The 2019 winners in the team categories are:
- Hilton Supply Management – Innovations in Sourcing
- Microsoft and CDP – Innovations in Sourcing
- Denali, A WNS Company – Innovations in Outsourcing
- GEP – Innovations in Outsourcing
- Sprint Corporation and Ivalua – Innovations in Third Party Management
- Fannie Mae – Innovations in Third Party Management
- Virtual Operations – Innovations in Supplier Performance Management
- VSP Global and Scout RFP – Innovations in Supplier Performance Management
- Fannie Mae and Ivalua – Innovations in Digitization
- Google – Innovations in Digitization
- The Boeing Company – Innovations in Governance and Compliance
- California Water Service Group and ProcureAbility – Innovations in Governance and Compliance
- The Boeing Company – Innovations in Talent Management
- EcoVadis and Avery Dennison – Innovations in Sustainability
The Rising Star Award recognizes individuals newer to the industry whose thought leadership and expertise have shown promise that is likely to have a lasting impact on the industry. Congratulations to these Rising Star winners:
- Siddharth Ramesh, Senior Manager, Corporate Procurement, VSP Global
- Sarah Scudder, President, Real Sourcing Network
The Sourcing Star Award recognizes seasoned veterans whose thought leadership and innovative work in the sourcing field have made a transformative difference over the course of their career. Congratulations to these Sourcing Star winners:
- Canda Rozier, Senior Vice President, Global Procurement & Real Estate, Security Division, NTT Ltd.
- Sanja Cancar-Todorovic, Director – Strategic Relationships, Global Real Estate Asset Management, Manulife
Additionally, the following individuals were recognized as industry titans and inducted into the Sourcing Supernova Hall of Fame:
- Danny Ertel, Partner, Director and Founder, Vantage Partners
- Joseph Martinez, Global Chief Procurement Officer, Bank of New York Mellon
- Mike Morsch, Vice President, Global Procurement & Supply Chain, CDK Global
“The Future of Sourcing Awards is all about recognizing innovation and transformation in the industry, but it’s also about inspiring the next generation sourcing, procurement and risk professionals,” said SIG CEO and President Dawn Tiura. “I would like to thank the judges for volunteering their time to review all the nominations, extend my appreciation to the teams for the work they put into documenting their tremendous accomplishments and congratulate the individuals who were chosen by their peers and colleagues as industry stars.”
The winners in each team category and the individual winners will be featured on The Sourcing Industry Landscape podcast with Dawn Tiura. The Sourcing Industry Landscape podcast features interviews with senior practitioners and successful leaders who embrace technology to improve, influence and inspire procurement professionals.
All finalists took part in interviews published on Future of Sourcing, a digital publication for thought leaders, decision-makers and practitioners at the heart of the global sourcing community. Individuals shared more information about their background and professional aspirations and accomplishments, while team finalists discussed their approach, methodology and results of their projects, as well as in Awards Talks at the SIG Global Executive Summit.
To learn more about the winners, including their team project nominations and individual accomplishments, as well as a gallery of past winners, visit the Future of Sourcing Awards website. For more information about all of the team finalist nominations, there are whitepapers which outline the details of their projects available for download in the SIG Resource Center.
Sourcing Industry Group (SIG) is a membership organization that provides thought leadership and networking opportunities to executives in sourcing, procurement and outsourcing from Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies and the advisors who serve them. SIG is widely known as a forum for sharing “next” practices and thought leadership through live networking events, virtual forums and a comprehensive online SIG Resource Center, which was developed by and for professionals in sourcing and outsourcing. The organization is unique in that it blends practitioners, service providers and advisory firms in a non-commercial environment. SIG is also the parent organization for SIG University, a one-of-a-kind certification and training program for professionals and executives seeking deep expertise in sourcing and governance for themselves or their teams, as well as Future of Sourcing, a digital publication for the global sourcing community.
About Future of Sourcing
Future of Sourcing is a digital publication that produces the latest content for the opinion-formers and decision-makers at the heart of the global sourcing community. Future of Sourcing columnists and contributors are thought leaders in the global sourcing community and provide innovative, cutting-edge insight on challenges and opportunities in the industry today. Originally launched as Outsource Magazine in 2005, the digital publication has been rebranded to reflect the innovations in the industry and celebrate those who are leading the change.