Wise Orchard aims to make gardening easier, better and less wasteful for everyone
(PRWEB) June 11, 2015
Wise Orchard, a smart irrigation system that manages watering automatically and offers an unprecedented level of control and better care over gardens, announced today that it is launching a Kickstarter campaign on June 11, 2015. Wise Orchard is a smart internet-connected valve that automatically adjusts the watering schedule and helps take better care of garden and plants. It pulls local weather data automatically from multiple weather forecast services and thousands of weather stations in order to create and adjust a personalized watering plan in real time. In addition to that, it uses its plant database to offer specific advice on the garden and plants it's taking care of so that they can thrive and stay healthy. The Kickstarter campaign aims to raise enough funds for the first round of manufacturing as well as for building the software that intelligently automates the Wise Orchard watering valve.
Wise Orchard takes the guesswork out of the equation when it comes to adjusting watering, helping save money and conserve precious water. By taking into account rainfall and only using the amount of water needed, based on the local weather, Wise Orchard helps solve the problem of wasteful irrigation. This also makes it more cost-effective: it is estimated to reduce water bills by up to 30 percent.
Wise Orchard is designed with both novice and expert gardeners in mind, simplifying taking care of the garden for people who are not experts or are too busy to do manual adjustments as the weather changes. It is also remotely accessible on the Internet, very easy to use, affordable and smart, granting an unprecedented level of automation and control over watering. For expert gardeners, Wise Orchard offers many customization options that will let them take their garden care to the next level. Wise Orchard not only automates watering, it also offers tips such as warning when to prune plants, warning about likely diseases or even warning of freezing temperatures in advance. Gardeners can watch over their plants and have full control of their irrigation through Wise Orchard's mobile application, which will be available for iPhone and Android, and on the web too.
Key Wise Orchard features:
- Connected to the Internet via Wifi
- Automatically waters plants when they need it using artificial intelligence algorithms. It can also be configured manually.
- Weather forecasts, local weather and plant database to better plan the watering schedule and help take better take care of plants
- Easy to install (drop-in replacement for common irrigation timers, compatible with most drip irrigation and garden hose-fed sprinklers).
- Two pipe thread versions to fit standard pipe threads in both USA and Europe.
- Backup: the watering schedule is stored on the device so it will keep working even when there’s no Internet connection.
- Compatible with all kinds of plants: ornamental, shrubs, vegetables, etc.
Key Wise Orchard mobile app and online website features:
- Manual or custom watering schedule, controlling the Wise Orchard valve remotely
- Can set periods of time when it’s ok or not ok to water. Wise Orchard will automatically decide when to water within the allowed intervals.
- Everything can be configured from a smartphone
- Watering can be postponed for the day or for any period of time with the touch of a button
- Control unlimited zones / valves from the app
- Lets users configure alerts to receive tips to help them take care of their plants
Wise Orchard is the brainchild of Alvaro Salmador, software engineer and gardening enthusiast who is “always looking for ways to make things better through the use of advanced technologies”. He has extensive experience in several fields including machine learning and machine vision.
The Wise Orchard water valve will be available for pre-order on the Kickstarter campaign page, with special pricing for the earliest backers. Additional rewards will be available on the Kickstarter campaign page as well.