"One of the biggest challenges for 3PLs and third party service providers is being able to satisfy the specific needs of each of their customers when it comes to billing,” explained Michael Armanious, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Datex.
CLEARWATER, Fla. (PRWEB) March 05, 2020
Notable supply chain software developer and 3PL expert Datex released a free comprehensive guide to 3PL and third party billing. The 3PL billing guide is available on the Datex website for download.
“Datex works hand-in-hand with third party logistics providers as well as with companies who do contract manufacturing, packaging and other services. One of the biggest challenges for 3PLs and third party service providers is being able to satisfy the specific needs of each of their customers when it comes to billing” explained Michael Armanious, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Datex.
3PLs, CMOs, CPOs and other third party service providers often perform a wide range of value-added services and need to be able to capture and bill accordingly. 3PLs and third party service providers often encounter unusual billing strategies and are challenged to accommodate some customers. Using technology can make all the difference. Today, workflow-driven 3PL WMS billing systems are more flexible and able to be customized to meet customer billing needs. The Datex 3PL Billing Guide provides a list of some of the most common billing strategies as well as others that have recently become necessary including the ability to:
- Split costs between different entities, including internal departments
- Handle fuel surcharges and overtime fees
- Handle item, receipt or total minimums
- Accommodate multi-tiered volume-based billing rate structures
- Charge on a percentage or flat rate basis
- Charge on a per transaction or per transaction line basis
- Produce multi-year contracts
The Datex free 3PL billing guide includes insight into technology features that help ensure agile, configurable billing for multiple customers and explains:
- The need for flexibility in third party billing
- How workflow-based billing ensures timely, accurate automated billing
- How the use of query functionality enables customization, ideal for unusual or complex billing strategies
For over 42 years, Datex has helped supply chain businesses to operate more efficiently and productively using cutting edge technology. As a Microsoft Gold level partner for Software Application Development, Datex is considered to be in the top 1% of the 640,000 Microsoft partners worldwide. For more information on Datex software, hardware and managed services, please visit the Datex website http://www.datexcorp.com/.