“This event brings together those in the transportation and logistics industry who have a keen interest in how gender diversity can have a positive impact on businesses within our industry.”
PLOVER, Wis. (PRWEB) September 16, 2020
The Women In Trucking Association (WIT) announces today the full content line-up, with U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao as keynote speaker of its 2020 Accelerate! Virtual Conference & Expo. The fully virtual event will take place Nov. 12-13, 2020.
“This event brings together those in the transportation and logistics industry who have a keen interest in how gender diversity can have a positive impact on businesses within our industry,” said Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO. “It will provide knowledge, new ideas, best practices, and virtual networking that will support the overall industry’s efforts in generating more diversity as well as WIT’s overall mission: To encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face.”
The virtual conference will feature more than 40 educational sessions on critical transportation issues and trends, along with insights from women in the industry. The education of the conference focused on five educational tracks: Leadership, Professional Development, HR/Talent Management, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Along with the keynote by Secretary Chao, other primary sessions include:
- “Futurenomics: An Economic Snapshot and What to Do Next,” by Dr. Mary Kelly, an internationally renowned author and leader
- “Strategies to Turn Uncertainty to Competitive Advantage,” by Meredith Elliott Powell, who is regularly featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Investment News
- “Voice of the Professional Driver,” a panel to provide unique perspectives and an understanding of life on the road
- “Becoming a Women of Influence,” a panel to provide insights and life experiences from six finalists of the 2020 WIT Influential Woman In Trucking award
- “Successful Careers through Productivity and Performance” from a panel of women who have established successful careers and have been named the 2020 “Top Women To Watch in Transportation”
- “Inclusive Leadership: How to Mitigate Unconscious Bias” by Melanie Miller, a professional speaker on women’s issues
- “Taking Transportation Forward: The WIT Diversity and Inclusion Index,” a conversation led by Mark Murrell and Jane Jazrawy, co-founders of CarriersEdge
The event also will highlight a virtual expo that will feature hundreds of well-known brands, products and services; and a technology tour that will enable participants to be on a video tour of emerging technologies that have an impact on over-the-road trucking.
The conference is available at two primary levels: premium access that gives attendees unlimited access to all educational sessions and virtual networking, and standard access that gives access to all educational sessions. There are special opportunities for professional drivers and student also to participate. For full details and to register, visit http://www.WomenInTrucking.org.
About Women In Trucking Association, Inc.
Women In Trucking, Inc. is a nonprofit association established to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Membership is not limited to women, as 17 percent of its members are men who support the mission. Women In Trucking is supported by its members and the generosity of Gold Level Partners: Amazon, Arrow Truck Sales, BMO Transportation Finance, Daimler Trucks North America, Expediter Services, FedEx Freight, Great Dane, J.B. Hunt Transport, Michelin North America, PACCAR, Penske Transportation Solutions, Ryder System, Walmart, and Waste Management. Follow WIT on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. For more information, visit http://www.womenintrucking.org or call 888-464-9482.