“All woodworkers have their own way – solutions that work for the best effect…secrets that they gladly share.”
PARKERSBURG, W.V. (PRWEB) January 14, 2020
Co-hosts Scott and Suzy Phillips spotlight unique contributions of woodworkers in home woodshops in the 13 episodes of “The American Woodshop"’s 27th season that will begin airing on Sunday, January 19. Check your local PBS station for airtimes.
Woodcraft Supply and “Woodcraft Magazine" sponsor this public television series, along with Rikon, PS Wood Machines, Armor Tool and the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio.
“Woodcraft is pleased to partner with Scott and Suzy Phillips for another season of woodworking instruction and inspiration on ‘The American Woodshop,’” Woodcraft President and CEO Jack Bigger said. “We value the quality content this series delivers in alignment with Woodcraft’s mission to make expert instruction and advice available to woodworkers.”
Scott and Suzy have invited five special guests to join in Season 27 episodes and share their respective talents and insights that Scott says “really amaze you” – Tom Monahan, expert finisher; Jaida Waggoner, young furnituremaker; Scott Grove, inlay expert; Barry Todd, award-winning woodturner; and Eric Gorges, metalworker, television show host, and author.
“All woodworkers have their own way – solutions that work for the best effect…secrets that they gladly share,” Scott said. “Custom woodworking is a sleeping giant in the fine handcrafts world. Small shop carvings, turnings, cabinetry and scrolled art can make a home truly inspiring. These handworks are featured on Season 27 of ‘The American Woodshop.’”
Season 27 will launch with an unusual project – Suzy’s Barn Shop – a modern barn raising complete with custom scrolled sign. The show will cover making the barn doors with finishing expert Tom Monahan using milk paint to create a durable old barn look.
“Suzy decided to build the barn because she needed her own space,” Scott said. “She has many carving and painting woodworking projects in her future, and she needed a place where that will happen. She is always able to use ‘The American Woodshop,’ but her new barn shop gives her possibilities way beyond shared space. Room to grow!!”
Eight projects from “Woodcraft Magazine" are featured in Season 27 episodes, including 2712 where Scott Grove demonstrates his American Flag inlay project from The June/July 2019 issue.
“This season is a blending of ideas presented by ‘Woodcraft Magazine,’” Scott said. Episodes that reference magazine content are marked by an asterisk on the following list.
- Shaker Inspired Tall Case Maple Clock: Scott combines special Birds-eye and Tiger Maple woods to recreate this tall masterpiece. (2702)
- Triangular Seat with Tapered Legs: Learn woodturning and make a special stool at the same time – either traditional or contemporary style. (*2703)
- Elegant Jewelry Chest/Make Your Gifts: Orange agate is the primary wood used to build this two-drawer dovetailed chest that makes a perfect gift. (*2704)
- Sculpting Furniture/Maloof-Inspired Hard Line Grace: Watch the completion of a Maloof-inspired rocking chair and more finishing solutions from Tom Monahan. (2705)
- Faceplate Turning for Everyone! A natural live edge bark lined bowl is crafted using a faceplate and four-jaw chuck. Special lathe chisels are showcased. (*2706)
- Carving American Folk Art/Sharpening Tips: Suzy carves and paints a holiday masterpiece; Scott covers the bandsaw by roughing in shapes. (*2707)
- Storage Ottoman with Dominoes: Learn the secret of doing grain-matched veneer work, and discover the Domino cutting tool that makes loose tenon joinery easy. (*2708)
- Building a Better Bookcase: An adjustable shelving jig makes this a very versatile bookcase. Learn tips for becoming a better woodworker and about tool innovations like the track saw. (*2709)
- Mid-Century Modern Nightstand with Jaida! This clean, simple, functional style is a key element in many homes today. Jaida Waggoner uses Maple and Mahogany to make it work. (2710)
- Custom Kitchen Cutlery and Block Keep: Discover the perfect way to make all your own kitchen cutlery. Scott Grove of Easy Inlay turns an art pencil using UV cure resin. (*2711)
- Woodworking Ways/The Four Shop Tour: Design innovator Barry Todd shares inspiring woodturning ideas, and Eric Gorges, host of A Craftsman’s Legacy, offers creative shop design tips. Suzy’s Live Edge Table shines in her new barn woodshop. (2713)
“The American Woodshop" is produced by WBGU TV, Bowling Green, Ohio, and is also available on CREATE® TV. The popular woodworking how-to show continues to be carried by 92% of the top 25 markets and 96% of the top 100.
To learn more about Woodcraft, please contact the store nearest you, visit woodcraft.com or call (800) 535-4482. To learn about Woodcraft franchise opportunities, visit woodcraftfranchise.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.