Pensacola, FL (PRWEB) April 13, 2020
World Gym Pensacola, a new 13,000 square foot fitness facility located at 7166 N 9th Avenue, Pensacola, is preparing to serve the Pensacola fitness community better and improved once permission to open the facility is granted by the State.
"During the COVID-19 shutdown we have been working hard and investing time, money and resources to position our facility to better serve the Pensacola community in the post COVID-19 shut down era", said Ed Weihenmayer, owner of World Gym Pensacola and World Gym Cantonment. "Our efforts have resulted in us taking proactive steps to maximize the sanitization of our facility while also giving our members access to advanced respiratory wellness therapy. We plan to make these services available to all our existing members, and to other members of the community at no charge once we open again", added Weihenmayer.
World Gym Pensacola is the only licensed Salt Athletics facility in the Pan Handle, offering its members what they call Scientific Wellness that is designed in large part to improve respiratory health through salt inhalation red light sessions. Prior to COVID-19 World Gym Pensacola was able to handle up to 60 Salt Athletics sessions per day. When the gym re-opens they will be able to handle up to 150 Salt Athletic sessions per day, more than doubling their previous capacity. The upgrading of the Salt Athletics platform inside of World Gym has been accomplished through purchasing more advance automated halo generators, more advanced and automated oxygen concentrators, by expanding lobby hours, and by adding additional Salt Athletics rooms to the facility. Salt Athletics is also being added to World Gym Cantonment.
"We had many of our Salt Athletics members obtain doctors notes during this crisis giving them permission to use Salt Athletics during the shut down as a way to keep up their respiratory health. That is when I fully realized how important Salt Athletics was to our members and our community when it came to respiratory wellness," said Weihenmayer.
In addition to the ability to handle more respiratory wellness sessions through Salt Athletics, World Gym Pensacola has implemented additional sanitization practices so the Pensacola community can get back to working out in a healthy and safe environment. These include:
- New mobile sanitization stations that allow members direct and immediate access to high concentration alcohol for hand cleaning, rubber gloves if desired, and clean hand towels members can keep with them during their training sessions.
- Mens and Womens locker rooms and restrooms have removed swinging doors and replaced them with newly constructed privacy walls allowing entrance and exiting without having to touch door handles, similar to what we see in airports.
- Double strength sanitization Lucasol spray bottled will be available for cleaning all machines before and after use.
- Tripling the number of equipment cleaning spray bottles made available throughout the gym. Each member will have there personal spray bottle.
- Hourly cleaning of bathrooms and common areas by staff members more than doubling the daily prior staff cleaning practices.
- Complete sanitization of facility each morning prior to 6 am.
- Open of outdoor workout area to all members who want to be able to workout in fresh air environment in addition to indoor workout sessions.
- Repositioning of larger pieces of fitness equipment to provide better traffic flow and more social distancing when working out in the gym.
- Providing all members with free washable and reusable commercial grade medical cloth face masks they can use while exercising or members can purchase their own if they desire.
- Adding Hospital grade Lucasol disinfectant to all wash loads to insure sanitary fresh laundry
- Providing exclusive interior spaces for Silver Sneakers workouts for those over 60 with specific scheduled class times for seniors only.
- Offering Senior classes outside when weather permits.
- Blue UV light air sanitization systems inside of the gym will be installed when able to be procured (currently back ordered due to high demand).
- Commercial grade ionizers installed inside facility.
On top of the above implementations, all current World Gym members will be given 3 free Salt Athletics sessions per month to aid in respiratory wellness. All Pensacola residents (up to 300 people) who have had to cancel gym memberships elsewhere due to financial loss, who otherwise have not been able to join a gym, or who were members of a gym that closed due to CORONA-19, will be given 1-free month of membership at World Gym Pensacola, including 3 free Salt Athletics sessions to aid in respiratory wellness. Through a partnership with Fitness On Demand all World Gym Pensacola Members will get free use of the Fitness On Demand Flex app that will allow them to access over 1,500 professional fitness routines anytime anywhere. Yoga, stretching, core, abs, senior workouts, youth workouts, Jillian, meditation, resistance bands, aerobics, and over 1000 professional grade workout sessions will be available through this no-cost application.
"World Gym has been serving the Pensacola fitness community for over 20-years and our new Pensacola location is uniquely positioned to help the community get back into the fitness groove when we open," said Weihenmayer. "With our new large facility, indoor and outdoor workout areas, private large spaces for seniors, and the only Salt Athletics rooms in the panhandle we have been working hard to make investments in equipment and to enhance our sanitization practices in the facility. Offering a free month of fitness to the community as well as free respiratory wellness sessions through Salt Athletics is something I am pleased to be in the position to offer," added Weihenmayer.
World Gym Pensacola will be ready to reopen immediately once the State of Florida executive order is lifted. World Gym Pensacola has not charged members any monthly fees during the shut down.