December and January are great times to make a quick getaway to Costa Mesa to enjoy the holiday season with events for couples, friends or the whole family.
COSTA MESA, Calif. (PRWEB) December 18, 2019
December and January are some of the best months to visit Southern California, not only for the great weather, but for the extensive calendar of events to keep the holiday spirit alive. A list of not-to-miss holiday events in Costa Mesa takes the stress out of planning a holiday getaway. Whether it’s for a quick overnight stay or extended stay, Costa Mesa’s holiday hotel deals start as low as $99.
Food, drinks, music and more:
1. Let someone cook for you! Silver Trumpet Restaurant is featuring a five-course holiday dinner on December 24 or 25 for $75 per person. Make it a relaxing night out to enjoy the holiday lights and sounds in Costa Mesa. Stroll through Segerstrom Center for the Arts and Town Park to see the 96-foot Christmas tree, then enjoy a stay at Avenue of the Arts Hotel for 20% off regular pricing.
2. Old Vine Kitchen & Bar NYE 2020 Celebration offers an endless buffet of global cuisine, live music and a champagne toast for $85 from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. When the night ends, walk to the Crowne Plaza or Residence Inn by Marriott where the holiday hotel deals are convenient options and great deals.
3. SOCIAL Costa Mesa NYE 2020 will feature DJs, dancing, table service, plus festive food and drinks to ring in the new year. Tickets for individuals or group packages start at $80 and must be purchased in advance. Nearby hotels include Holiday Inn Express, BLVD, Best Western Plus and Ramada Inn & Suites – starting as low as $99.
4. The TIME Nightclub New Year’s Eve Celebration is Costa Mesa’s extravagant homage to Orange County’s nightlife scene. Dance the night away to music by popular DJs and stunning light displays. Festivities include live viewing of the Times’ Square Ball Drop and glass of champagne or prosecco for toast. Tickets starting at $50.
See Time Nightclub in action: https://youtu.be/IX0KrAM70B0
5. ABBA The Concert (December 30) at Segerstrom Center for the Arts is a tribute to the band that will have you dancing, singing and celebrating some of the world’s most beloved music. Located just across from Avenue of the Arts Hotel, The Westin South Coast Plaza and the Marriott, it’s easy to enjoy dinner before or after the show to round out the year.
Snow play, ice skating, live entertainment and visits with Santa, there’s something for everyone:
6. New Year’s Eve at Winterfest OC at OC Fair & Event Center is as low as $15 per person, plus ice skating, Santa and the reindeer flying overhead, live performances, sledding, crafts, fireworks and a ball drop each night from December 19 – January 5, with special activities on New Year’s Eve. On Dec 31st, Winterfest OC is open 2pm – 1am and guests can ring in the New Year not once, but twice, with a special countdown, Orange Ball drop, fireworks, live music and an unforgettable balloon drop at both 6pm and 12 midnight.
Winterfest video: https://youtu.be/xH19hWFNa80
7. No practice needed for the New Year’s Eve celebration at Tavern + Bow l at Triangle Square. Book a private party or one of the group packages starting at $99 for six people, which includes bowling, food and drinks and a champagne toast (21+) at midnight.
Extend the holiday celebrations:
8. Día de los Reyes, or the arrival of Three Kings will be celebrated at Segerstrom Center for the Arts with performances of mariachi, ballet and sharing of a Three Kings Cake. This is a FREE Event from 1-4 p.m. on January 5.
9. Kick off 2020 with an outing to see the Blue Man Group in Orange County for a limited run of their new show. Bring the whole family and buy one adult ticket and get a child’s ticket free on January 7 and 8. The full run of the show is January 7 – 12, 2020, at Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
10. Gift giving is popular during the holiday season and seeing a Broadway show at Segerstrom Center for the Arts might be a perfect gift for someone or a perfect opportunity to treat yourself. Check the calendar of events for upcoming shows like Les Misérables, Mean Girls and The Lion King.