These investments reflect our foundation policy of staying on the leading-edge of industry technologies.
AVON, Mass. (PRWEB) March 14, 2019
Wrobel Engineering (Wrobel) is pleased to announce the completion of its 2018 Capital Improvement Plan focusing on new technologies, equipment upgrades, and facility improvements. Investments were fully self funded and will drive the the company's continued expansion into new markets and industries.
"Our 2018 capital improvements were designed and implemented to achieve very specific business objectives," said Ed Wrobel, Vice President of Operations. "However, these investments also reflect our foundation policy of staying on the leading-edge of metal-fabrication technologies. Our financial strength gives us the ability to fund planned improvements with the added flexibility to respond quickly to new opportunities."
- Renishaw Probing: onboard inspection for all CNC milling centers completed, significantly reducing setups and downtimes and enabling increased productivity and batch size flexibility.
- CAD Software: Updates for eight workstations to all current versions of Pro-E, Solidworks, and Epicor E10 for enterprise resource planning (ERP System), delivering maximum efficiency, real-time production tracking, and complete compatibility for all client needs.
- Five new Hurco Milling Centers, effectively tripling capacity and significantly reducing delivery times for orders of any size.
- New Amada Laser Cutter with optics system, doubling output capacity, and providing production redundancy.
- New Haas Mill Turn Lathe delivering live tooling with C-axis, and Y-axis capability.
- Construction of second area for dedicated to CNC parts inspection, with sound and vibration controls, and independent utilities and ventilation enabling highest-level calibration of QC equipment. Installation of second CMM inspection system.
- Installation of final 2 new HVAC units (8 total) for 100% facility-wide humidity control (materials rust prevention) and improved environment (workforce performance and productivity).
- Conversion of all facility lighting to energy-efficient LED fixtures. The new technology is environmentally friendly and is expected to reduce overall energy consumption by 15-20%. The new lighting effectively doubles candle output throughout our facility. It is reducing eye strain, improving the work environment, and contributing to increased efficiency.
Said Elizabeth Wrobel, President of Wrobel Engineering, "Our 2018 initiatives strengthen our manufacturing positions in the data storage, telecommunications, robotics, and controls industries; and will drive our continued expansion into the military, medical, and aerospace sectors. In 2019 and beyond, we will continually invest in the quality of our workforce and our facility for one purpose: to meet the needs and expectations of our customers."
For more information about Wrobel Engineering or to schedule a tour of the Wrobel facility, please contact Michael Long, General Manager, at 774-296-8339, mlong (at) wrobeleng (dot) com. “Come as a visitor, leave as a customer.”
About Wrobel Engineering
Established in 1976, Wrobel Engineering is now a global, full-service resource for precision CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication services including engineering, prototyping, tool & die, silk screening, electromechanical assembly, kitting, and kanban. Our staff and state-of-the-art 60,000 sq.ft. facility are tested and driven by the most stringent quality certifications in the industry including I SO 9001:2015, ITAR, UL, Six Sigma, and PPAP. Our company and the products we make represent the finest in American-quality manufacturing.
Michael G. Long
General Manager / Quality Assurance
154 Bodewell Street, Avon, MA 02322
mlong (at) wrobeleng (dot) com