AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) June 08, 2021
Zello, the leading push-to-talk voice messaging service that enables communication and collaboration for workers, teams, and businesses worldwide, today announces the launch of Dispatch Hub, a new solution that modernizes dispatcher-driver communications with push-to-talk technology, dispatcher workload sharing, call queuing, location tracking and message replay.
Zello replaces a traditional radio with any smartphone or tablet, extending the range to anywhere with Wi-Fi or cellular data service. Leveraging this, Dispatch Hub enables dispatchers and drivers to communicate in near real-time over long distances, often in dynamic operating environments. By placing dispatch operators and drivers’ calls in a queue, Dispatch Hub enables a more streamlined, more efficient, and less stressful communication workflow.
Dispatchers can prioritize calls as a team, distribute call load, and focus on one message at a time. Drivers are safer as a result, receiving fast, reliable, one-on-one replies to their messages so they can focus on the road and the customer. And companies operate better: with analytics from Zello on call wait times, consistent problem areas, and real-time map and traffic data, clients can continuously improve their dispatch center performance, achieving cost savings and better ROI in the process.
“The world of drivers and dispatch operators involves a constant state of movement, multi- tasking, and navigating unpredictable situations. Drivers are primarily occupied with driving and traffic safety, while dispatchers have to track schedules, field customer requests, monitor 3-4 different software platforms, and serve as a lifeline for a fleet of drivers on the road, providing guidance and information to assist them in their mission,” said Bill Moore, CEO of Zello. “Great dispatchers need effective tools to prevent overload, distribute call loads across a team, and ensure drivers are answered quickly— even at the busiest times. Our new Dispatch Hub feature streamlines and simplifies this entire process.”
With legacy push-to-talk communications such as radio, driver-dispatcher communications are unreliable and unsafe. Incoming calls often disappear into a void, with drivers waiting several minutes for a decision from dispatch while the truck is parked and not making money. Poor two-way radio connectivity also leads to similar delays and safety issues when drivers cannot connect to communicate about accidents or on-site hazards.
Similarly, dispatchers often cannot keep up with call volume, missing calls and trying to make sense of simultaneous radio communications. Teamwork suffers and frustrations and inefficiencies mount as dispatchers lack the ability to distribute the workload. Companies with inadequate dispatch operations are unable to identify under-resourced teams, long call wait times and consistent issues on specific routes.
Zello’s Dispatch Hub not only solves these issues, but it also helps dispatchers serve a broader set of drivers and improves companies’ bottom line. Saving drivers’ time means saving money.
Spotlight on Zello Dispatch Hub’s New Features
- Shared Call Pool enables dispatchers to become a high-performance relay team, working together with ease to reply quickly and reliably every time.
- Operational Analytics provides visibility into team inefficiencies to continuously optimize operations.
- One-to-One Calling for Dispatchers ensures 1:1 talk with any driver, without talking over other drivers. This reduces radio fatigue and eliminates extra chatter on a channel.
- Message Replay allows for the replay of any incoming message, ensuring there’s no such thing as a missed call.
- Broadcast Messages combines the power of radio broadcast with the efficiency of 1-to-1 communication. Emergency alerts and other company- or team-wide announcements can be broadcast to a large group.
- Call Received Alerts communicate to drivers that their message has been received so that they can focus on the road.
- Communication is clearer, safer, and more reliable with HD audio quality Live Voice between drivers and dispatchers. Drivers can also send images to dispatchers.
- Realtime Maps provide helpful context so dispatchers can assist drivers without needing to ask for location.
With over 150 million users, Zello has a robust infrastructure, making Dispatch Hub highly scalable to users’ needs.
Within the construction and building materials industries, Zello is proud to work with customers such as Bechtel, Cemex, Knife River Corporation, LafargeHolcim, Martin Marietta, Silvi, and is fully integrated with solutions from Trimble, Command Alkon, Coretex and others.
For more information on Dispatch Hub, visit https://zello.com/product/dispatch-hub/
About Zello, Inc.
Zello is the leading push-to-talk voice messaging service that enables communication and collaboration for workers, teams, and communities worldwide. Millions of Zello users communicate in real-time over any wireless or data network to share updates, connect in emergencies, and solve problems. Founded in 2012, Zello is serving industry leaders like Honda, Restoration Hardware, Marriott, Waste Management, and YRC Freight. To try Zello for free, visit zello.com/try