This serves as a strong validation for our trench coat style jacket, which is so versatile that it can be worn for nearly any activity and any time of the year.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 08, 2020
The ZEROD jacket has quickly taken off in popularity, raising more than $200,000 on Kickstarter and more than 10-times its campaign goal. ZEROD is a performance jacket with the look of a trendy trench coat, designed for functionality and style for commuting to work, on the town, and for travel.
“We’re excited about the enthusiastic response we’ve received from Kickstarter supporters for ZEROD,” said ZEROD Co-founder Margaret Byrd. “This serves as a strong validation for our trench coat style jacket, which is so versatile that it can be worn for nearly any activity and any time of the year.”
With the name of the jacket derived from zero and ‘d’ for ‘down,’ ZEROD provides extra warmth through its detachable inner jacket – which is filled with synthetic down that is 100 percent animal free. Inspired by the detachable liners of performance jackets, ZEROD can block harsh winds and rain while providing essential warmth when needed.
“The idea came from a close friend who’s an entrepreneur and outdoor enthusiast, who found his closet was half filled with trench coat style jackets for work and the other half were performance jackets for leisure activities,” Byrd said. “The trench coats didn’t hold up well in the cold or rain, while the performance jackets did not match business attire and made him look unprofessional – so both features were integrated into ZEROD.”
ZEROD features include:
- 10 spacious pockets
- A removable hood that adds extra protection during bad weather and can be easily taken off to transform ZEROD into a trench coat
- An Eco Bionic coating, free of poly-fluorinated (PFC) man-made chemicals, and a Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) membrane that repels water with no added chemicals, which keeps the wearer dry for over an hour – even in heavy rain.
- Comes with a detachable inner jacket featuring “THERMOLITE® T-Down EcoMade, a compelling new generation of recycled synthetic fiber engineered for down replacement, which is Global Recycle Standard (GRS) approved and made from 100 percent recycled PET fiber.
- An extremely soft laminated outer shell and fleece inner fabric that blocks harsh winds and rain while providing essential warmth – also giving it the look and feel of a trench coat.
- The use of highly conductive Graphene, which makes up 100 percent of the jacket’s TPU (membrane), to protect against electrostatic discharges (Anti-Static), especially in cold and dry weather
“At Texlab, we partner with the world’s leading textile suppliers to integrate cutting-edge technology into our products, including Graphene…which gave us a natural method that we use in ZEROD,” Byrd said. “Graphene regulates skin temperature and increases it by an average of 2°C by evenly spreading heat from the warmer parts of your body, like your chest and back, to the other colder parts of the body. The Graphene Membrane actually makes you ‘feel cooler’ in warm/hot temperatures due to the heat conductive feature – which spreads the heat from warmer to colder sections of the insulated areas, and vice versa."
Also, while sweat contains bacteria that quickly grows and makes the clothes smell, graphene is bacteriostatic – and acts as a natural odor inhibitor.
For more information and to pre-order, visit the ZEROD Jacket Campaign Page on Kickstarter.