SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 9, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Zeta, a multiplayer financial technology app aimed at helping couples combine their finances simply and joyfully, is launching Zeta Joint Cards on Feb. 9, 2021, just in time for Valentine's Day. Zeta Joint Cards include two debit cards and a joint account, with features focused on helping couples coordinate and communicate around their shared finances.
Zeta Joint Cards are designed for modern couples at every stage of their relationship, whether they're living together, married or have a family. Zeta lets couples keep their existing banks and layers on a joint account that allows both partners to engage with the app, pay bills, and save together. With Zeta Joint Cards, couples can merge all or part of their money, irrespective of how they manage their finances, split their bills and automate their paychecks toward their goals.
Zeta's Founder and CEO Aditi Shekar was inspired to start the company when she struggled with money management in her own relationship. "Trying to figure out who owed what, how we were going to pay for things or even moving money into the right accounts created a lot of work and stress. I started Zeta because I realized we weren't the only couple feeling this way."
Zeta addresses these key trends:
- Money remains the number one cause of divorce among Americans
- The generational shift from primarily single-income households to dual-income households has fundamentally changed money management habits in relationships
- Young households, especially in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, are feeling a cash crunch as debt and cost-of-living rise exponentially while salaries remain stagnant
"We built an award-winning Money Manager for couples and spent 3 years learning about the ins and outs of how couples handle their finances," said Shekar. "We used that customer research and input to design this shared banking experience, making joint banking satisfying and even delightful."
In addition to enhanced features that go above and beyond what a traditional joint bank account offers couples, Zeta Joint Cards offers customers:
- An FDIC-insured joint checking account in partnership with LendingClub Bank, National Association (successor to Radius Bank), Member FDIC*
- Two customized debit cards for each account owner
- No monthly account maintenance fees or minimums
- Multiplayer functionality, where couples can coordinate and communicate within the app
- Couples can auto-save for shared goals
- A bill reserve that allows them to see what's coming up and set money aside
- State-of-the-art security protocols to protect your data
- Other banking features including mobile check deposit, early direct deposit, and contactless payments
Shekar envisions Zeta as a financial company that thinks beyond numbers and budgets. "We don't just want to be your bank, we want to be your trusted advisor when it comes to love and money." To do that, Zeta has also launched an in-house content arm, a publication called The Money Date magazine.
"We're the only fin-tech company directly addressing love and money in our articles and content," said Lindsay Goldwert, editor-in-chief of The Money Date. "Our customers want solid, empathetic advice and stories from other couples, and to know they're not alone when it comes to balancing their love for each other with everyday money stress."
Zeta is a venture-backed company that includes investors and operators from Google, Venmo, Square, Chime, Weight Watchers, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ABOUT ZETA: Zeta, a financial technology company focused on helping families thrive, was founded in 2017 by Aditi Shekar and Kevin Hopkins. Shekar and Hopkins met at General Assembly where they both held leadership roles in product and engineering respectively. In 2017, Zeta launched its Money Manager to help couples manage their money in real time. Zeta's Money Manager has been named Best Budgeting App for Couples by Real Simple, Bankrate, Business Insider, Investopedia, Buzzfeed and many others. Zeta is now launching Joint Cards, a new shared banking experience for the modern-family.
*Each co-owner of a joint account is FDIC insured up to $250,000 for the combined amount of his or her interests in all joint accounts. Zeta Joint Account is FDIC-insured up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount of $500,000.
Aditi Shekar, Zeta, +1 (301) 801-0380, [email protected]