In an effort to maintain the high-quality customer experience DISH is known for, DISH rolled out Zinc to their In-Home Services technicians, with Hotline Groups as a way to streamline knowledge sharing and troubleshooting.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) November 12, 2018
Zinc, the company providing a frictionless way for deskless workers to get and share knowledge in real time, today unveiled Hotline Groups, an efficient method for employees in the field to quickly and effectively locate the knowledge they need to solve problems and move a job forward. Hotline Groups streamlines the time and effort of finding an appropriate expert, and mitigates the number of emails, phone calls or rogue conversations a group of people may be sending and/or receiving to solve problems.
Built into Zinc’s All Mode Communications platform, Hotline Groups empowers deskless workers to instantly locate experts on any designated topic or focus area in one click, and then leverage the appropriate mode of communication to help them rapidly resolve an issue.
DISH Field Teams Benefit from Hotline Groups
In an effort to maintain the high-quality customer experience DISH is known for, DISH rolled out Zinc to their In-Home Services technicians, with Hotline Groups as a way to streamline knowledge sharing and troubleshooting. Field teams now resolve issues faster, contributing to improvements in on-site duration and key on-site metrics. Hotline Groups have also strengthened and streamlined the communication between office-based field coordinators and mobile field technicians who must work closely to optimize schedules and customer visits.
- Master Tech Hotline Group: DISH technicians use dedicated Hotline Groups to easily troubleshoot with Master Techs who provide around-the-clock support. Whenever a technician zincs the Master Tech Hotline Group with a question, whichever Master Tech is best able to answer takes the request and troubleshoots in a 1:1 conversation. When troubleshooting, technicians can leverage all modes of communication, such as voice and video calls, messaging, and image sharing. This on-demand support has sped up issue resolution. Techs no longer need to call around to find the right person with the right product knowledge since they can get immediate responses from experts in the Hotline Group.
- Field Resource Coordinator Hotline Group: Technicians stay in contact with the Field Resource Coordinator (FRC) throughout the day to help maximize availability and meet every customer commitment. This has improved communications efficiency between the FRC and technicians, and increased employee and customer satisfaction. The FRC Hotline Groups also are giving operations a way to measure how long requests take to close and how many happen in each region.
“Zinc Hotline Groups have given our field teams and the corporate teams a direct line to support each other in real-time so they can get on-demand assistance and continue to deliver excellent customer service,” said Nick Rossetti, senior vice president of In-Home Services. “Field technicians are able to work through jobs much more efficiently with a sense of community that is keeping everyone highly engaged.”
“Being in field isn’t easy. Every job comes with a different challenge, and you can’t simply tap your cube-mate when you have a question. Real-time communication is key for deskless workers to resolve issues in an efficient manner, and Hotline Groups is another step in that direction,” said Stacey Epstein, CEO, Zinc. “Developed in response to a widespread issue among deskless workers in various industries, Hotline Groups gives field teams the reassurance they need by bypassing the long hold times and email queues that waste valuable time, and instead getting an immediate and direct line of communication to colleagues who have the right knowledge.”
Hotline Groups Key to Real-time Communications
Having a feature like Hotline Groups supports the findings from a recent Zinc commissioned report “Effective Enterprise Communication: The Foundation Of Strategic Field Service” with Field Technologies that indicated that real-time communication is either mission-critical (50%) or very important (40%) to deskless workers to be able to do their jobs effectively. The report also reinforces the notion that real-time communication drives measurable results for field teams, and that innovative field service organizations who embrace a communication platform built for deskless worker will improve the productivity of their workforce by giving them real-time access to the information and resources they need to get their jobs done.
New Broadcast Functionalities
Zinc today also announced updates to its Broadcast feature. Among them:
- Schedule broadcasts in the admin console to be sent at a later date
- Add an image or video to a broadcast
- Send a broadcast to a group based on user properties, i.e. sending a broadcast to everyone with the title “Regional Manager” or location “San Francisco”
Broadcasts are one-way alerts sent to teams from an administrator to communicate important or urgent information such as safety alerts, updated instructions/procedures or company communication. Similar to a push notification, Broadcasts pop up directly onto users’ mobile devices or desktop screen so end users can easily receive the information they need and continue to work. Content from Broadcasts is stored in Zinc and accessible for a defined period of time, and Broadcast Analytics ensure admins and managers know who is receiving and engaging with the content.
Zinc provides a frictionless way for deskless workers to get the knowledge they need in real-time. Zinc’s all-mode communication platform enables field teams to connect with ease and speed, while also allowing corporate teams to deliver alerts and share knowledge to the field. Zinc’s award-winning mobile UX drives adoption, while the platform delivers compliance, security, and central administration. With a full spectrum of secure communication features together, Zinc gives organizations with field workforces a single platform to communicate real-time information at scale. Loved by users and trusted by the enterprise, customers include DISH, Marriott, Biotek, Vivint, and Cincinnati Bell. Visit http://www.zinc.it and follow @Zinc on Twitter.