The days of hunting for the right-size lid in the cabinet are over, and our supporters will be the first to enjoy the versatility and convenience Zip Top® offers them in heating, freezing and storing food.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) October 31, 2018
Serial entrepreneur and designer Rebecca Finell’s new Zip Top® containers, the innovative eco-friendly, reusable plastic-free food storage solution for busy families, raised over $1.2 million during its successful Kickstarter campaign -- with presales now continuing on the company's corporate website.
“We want to thank all our supporters on Kickstarter who have made our campaign a tremendous success. It shows that the market is ready for an eco-friendly alternative to the traditional storage containers.” said Finell, Zip Top® Founder and CEO. “The days of hunting for the right-size lid in the cabinet are over, and our supporters will be the first to enjoy the versatility and convenience Zip Top® offers them in heating, freezing and storing food.”
Zip Top® successfully addresses many of the issues that today’s consumers experience with food storage solutions - ease of use, versatility, environmental friendliness and LOST LIDS! As the first ‘zippable’ silicone container that stands upright, Zip Top® boasts several breakthrough features:
- Versatility – The use of 100% platinum silicone allows Zip Top® containers to go in the microwave, freezer, oven (to 425 degrees) and dishwasher without concern about damage or leaching chemicals into your food.
- Eco Friendly- Unlike plastic bags, Zip Top® containers can be used thousands of times.
- Zippered Top – Zip Top® container’s thick silicone zipper is easy to close. It is also easy to squeeze air out which will keep food fresh longer.
- Thoughtful design – Each container design is wider at the top than the bottom making it easy to remove frozen foods. Or it can go straight from freezer to microwave. Zip Top® containers also nest, saving valuable cupboard space.
- Rounded Interior – Every Zip Top® is designed with a rounded interior, so it gets completely clean, whether hand washed or put in the dishwasher. There are no corners in which food can hide and grow bacteria or mold.
- Flat Base – Every Zip Top® is flat on the bottom which means it stands upright for filling, cleaning or eating. No more fighting floppy bags!
- Wide Opening – Zip Top®’s wide opening allows for easy filling and serving as well as to eat directly out of them. Liquids, fruit, sandwiches, salads – anything can go in a Zip Top®.
- No Lids – Best of all Zip Top® containers have no lids to store, lose, find, lose again or clean
Having worked with silicone for 14 years, Finell says she knew that it was the right material to use in the design of Zip Top®. Platinum silicone is food safe and can go in the microwave, freezer, oven and dishwasher without consumers having to worry about leaching chemicals into their food.
“In addition to developing a food container that didn’t require a separate lid, I wanted to create a design with no cracks and crevices for easy cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher,” Finell said. “What makes Zip Top® a game changer is that it solves multiple problems found in today’s food storage solutions.
Visit the Zip Top® Website to pre-order the containers, meet the designer and learn more about the product that is a game changer for food storage.
About Zip Top®
“Why has this not existed before now?” is the question we get the most! Finding a better solution to food storage is how we got here, and we will continue to innovate and solve everyday problems as we grow. Our passion is creating beautiful functional products that benefit you and the environment.
Our founder, Rebecca Finell, has a history of disrupting traditional categories with her innovative product design. Previously, as the founder and President of Boon, Rebecca created award-winning products in the baby product industry that help parents across the globe. Additionally, Rebecca is the founder and CEO of FINELL, a manufacturer of award-winning luxury home goods and handbags, which are sold in top retailers and museums around the world. Rebecca lives in Austin, Texas with her husband and four children.