We appreciate the support of more than 8,000 backers so far in our campaign, which really shows families everywhere have a need for a product like Zip Top®.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) October 12, 2018
Serial entrepreneur and designer Rebecca Finell has launched Zip Top® containers on Kickstarter, raising more than $800,000 as the campaign enters its final 10 days.
Unlike anything on the market today, these containers represent the next great innovation in food storage and could be the plastic-free change consumers have been waiting for.
“We appreciate the support of more than 8,000 backers so far in our campaign, which really shows families everywhere have a need for a product like Zip Top®,” said Finell, Zip Top® Founder and CEO. “They will be the first to experience and enjoy this eco-friendly option that offers more than current food storage solutions.”
Having worked with silicone for 14 years, she says she knew that it was the right material to use in the design of Zip Top®. Platinum silicone is food safe and can go in the microwave, freezer, oven and dishwasher without consumers having to worry about leaching chemicals into their food.
“I wanted to create a design with no cracks and crevices that would also stay wide open in the dishwasher,” she said.
Zip Top® successfully addresses many of the issues that today’s consumers have with food storage solutions - ease of use, versatility, environmental friendliness and LOST LIDS!
As the first ‘zippable’ silicone container that stands upright, Zip Top® boasts a number of breakthrough features:
- Versatility – The use of 100% platinum silicone allows Zip Top® containers to go in the microwave, freezer, oven (to 425 degrees) and dishwasher without concern about damage or leaching chemicals into your food.
- Eco Friendly- Unlike plastic bags, Zip Top® containers can be used thousands of times.
- Zippered Top – Zip Top® container’s thick silicone zipper is easy to close. It is also easy to squeeze air out which will keep food fresh longer.
- Thoughtful design – Each container design is wider at the top than the bottom making it easy to remove frozen foods. Or it can go straight from freezer to microwave. Zip Top® containers also nest, saving valuable cupboard space.
- Rounded Interior – Every Zip Top® is designed with a rounded interior, so it gets completely clean, whether hand washed or put in the dishwasher. There are no corners in which food can hide and grow bacteria or mold.
- Flat Base – Every Zip Top® is flat on the bottom which means it stands upright for filling, cleaning or eating. No more fighting floppy bags!
- Wide Opening – Zip Top®’s wide opening allows for easy filling and serving as well as to eat directly out of them. Liquids, fruit, sandwiches, salads – anything can go in a Zip Top®.
- No Lids – Best of all Zip Top® containers have no lids to store, lose, find, lose again or clean
Visit Zip Top®’s Kickstarter Page to pre-order the containers, meet the designer, and learn more about the product that is a game changer for food storage.
“Why has this not existed before now?” is the question we get the most! Finding a better solution to food storage is how we got here, and we will continue to innovate and solve everyday problems as we grow. Our passion is creating beautiful functional products that benefit you and the environment.
Our founder, Rebecca Finell, has a history of disrupting traditional categories with her innovative product design. Previously, as the founder and President of Boon, Rebecca created award-winning products in the baby product industry that help parents across the globe. Additionally, Rebecca is the founder and CEO of FINELL, a manufacturer of award-winning luxury home goods and handbags, which are sold in top retailers and museums around the world. Rebecca lives in Austin, Texas with her husband and four children.