(PRWEB) September 15, 2014 -- The 12th Annual American Business Awards announced Stevie® Award winners on Friday at its event focused on outstanding new products and services and on achievements in technology industries.
Friday’s gala was the second of two American Business Awards ceremonies this year. The first took place in Chicago on June 13 and honored winners in disciplines such as customer service, human resources, corporate communications, live events, publications, and selected categories for company/organization, management and marketing. Winners in all new product and technology-related categories were announced at the event in San Francisco on Friday.
The American Business Awards honor an all-inclusive spectrum of American business people and organizations -- from non-profits, emerging start-ups, major public companies and government agencies, to corner-office executives, product developers, marketers and web development teams.
More than 260 executives attended Friday’s awards banquet at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel. Stevie Awards were conferred in four levels of distinction: Grand, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
The Grand Stevies were awarded to the organizations who received the most awards overall – Gold, Silver or Bronze – in the ABAs this year. Quality Systems of Irvine, CA was presented with the Grand Stevie for Organization of the Year. The winners of the other Grand Stevie Awards will be named in a followup press release today.
AT&T, Inc. was the top Gold Stevie winner on Friday, with four. Winners of two Gold Stevies include Accenture, Agiliance, Akavit, Engility, Haneke Design, MarketLive, MicroStrategy, Spingo, VeriFone, Vimeo, and WillowTree Apps.
Notable Gold Stevie Award Winners announced on Friday include:
- Information Technology Executive of the Year: Jake Dominguez, CIO of AMD
- Company of the Year - Computer Software - More Than 250 Employees: Bigcommerce
- Fastest Growing Tech Company of the Year - Up to 2,500 Employees: BrightRoll
- Best Training App: Microsoft Corporation’s FY14 Standards of Business Conduct Training
- Best Pharmaceuticals Website: The Navicor Group
- Executive of the Year - Computer Software - Up to 500 Employees: Jahangir Mohammed, Founder & CEO of Jasper
- Tech Innovation of the Year - At Organizations With Up to 100 Employees: Newlight Technologies commercial scale-up of carbon-negative plastic
- New Health & Pharmaceuticals Service of the Year: Optum’s ACO Solutions Market Launch
- New Peripheral Hardware Product of the Year: Epson America’s BrightLink Pro 1410Wi
- New Industrial Product or Service of the Year: World Water Work's DEMON Process
- New Content Management Solution of the Year: AirWatch’s Secure Content Locker
For a complete list of The 2014 American Business Awards winners announced Friday visit http://www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.
Winners of the People’s Choice Stevie Awards for Favorite New Products, which were determined by more than 57,000 votes in July and August, were announced in August and presented their crystal People’s Choice Stevie Awards on Friday.
More than 3,300 entries were submitted to The 2014 American Business Awards and more than 240 executives nationwide participated in judging to determine this year’s Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners.
Entries for The 2015 American Business Awards will be accepted starting in October.
About the Stevie® Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in six programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Sponsors and partners of The 2014 American Business Awards include Biz Talk Radio, CallidusCloud, Citrix Online, Cvent, Engility, John Hancock, LycaMobile, PetRays, and Softpro.
Maggie Gallagher, The Stevie Awards, http://www.stevieawards.com, +1 703-547-8389, [email protected]
SOURCE The Stevie Awards