New Rochelle, NY (PRWEB) May 30, 2014
The summer months are not always easy on your vehicle. The kids are on vacation, the sun is shining, and there will be plenty of places to go. To ensure that your car is ready whenever you are, Premium Nissan wants to share some advice on how to get your car prepared for the months ahead.
Premium Nissan of New Rochelle, NY is proud of the full scope of services offered to their customers. In honor of this pride -- and in appreciation of customers of the past, present and future -- here are some of the main precautions Premium Nissan suggests you take before the summer starts:
- The first thing to check on is the cooling system. The biggest cause of summer breakdowns is overheating. Have the cooling system completely flushed and refilled. Also have the level, condition, and concentration of the coolant checked. A 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water is ideal. Finally, have the tightness and condition of the drive belts, clamps, and hoses checked by a technician.
- Be sure to change your oil and your oil filter if you make frequent short trips, longer ones with lots of luggage, or if you tow a trailer.
- The summer is also a good time to see how your engine is performing. Get filters replaced more often in dusty conditions, and get other issues such as hard starts, rough idling, stalling or diminished power corrected by a technician.
- Give your tires a check. It’s good practice to have them rotated about every 5,000 miles, and your tire pressure checked once a month. Check your spare and make sure the jack is in good shape. Examine your tires for tread life, uneven wearing, and cupping; check the sidewalls for cuts and nicks. Have a wheel alignment done if there's uneven tread wear or your vehicle is pulling to one side.
- Everyone wants a comfortable ride, so don’t let your car’s faulty A/C be the thing that prevents it. A sub-par air conditioning system can break down in the summer heat. The best way to tell if your air conditioner has a problem is if it can't maintain air temperatures 50 degrees below the outside temperature. The most common cause of A/C trouble is a low level of refrigerant. This could be caused by a leak in the system. Since modern air conditioning systems are complex, it's best to have the system checked by a technician.
About the company:
Premium Nissan of New Rochelle has been serving and servicing their NY Nissan customers with quality vehicles and quality customer service. Their mission is to treat every customer like an honored guest. Customers know that shopping at Premium Nissan means being treated with respect and not having to negotiate or visit multiple Westchester Nissan dealers to get the price they deserve. Being treated like family means giving Premium Nissan buyers real price quotes on the vehicle they are interested in at the time they request it. Conducting business this way has instilled a pride in the Premium Nissan team. They’re proud to be one of the Bronx Nissan dealers available to help all NY Nissan customers in the Bronx and throughout the entire state of New York.
Premium Nissan of New Rochelle maintains a large selection of quality used Nissan Westchester driven vehicles and Nissan Certified Used Cars. Their used Nissan inventory is highlighted by their selection of Nissan Certified Used Cars and the warranty and incentives that come standard with each one. At Premium Nissan, they believe that every customer deserves a quality, reliable Nissan whether it is new or used, and they have the inventory to make it happen. Whether a customer has purchased a used Nissan Bronx car or new Nissan vehicle, they can keep their Nissan running like new at Premium Nissan’s Nissan Service NY facility. Their factory-certified Nissan service technicians will help maintain and repair customers’ Nissans from the convenient, customer-friendly, state-of-the-art Nissan Service Center in New Rochelle, New York. Premium Nissan has all of the Nissan parts the "do-it-yourself" enthusiast needs. Premium Nissan, a NY Nissan dealership for NY shoppers.