(PRWEB) May 30, 2017 -- The 2017 Chambers USA Guide includes 50 Florida attorneys and 12 Florida practices from international law firm Greenberg Traurig, PA. Firmwide, more than 175 attorneys are included in the guide.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, a UK-based publisher of annual guides in several global markets, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world.
In the USA Guide, attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statesman,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associate to Watch” by market and practice.
The following Florida attorneys are recognized in special designations in addition to any other rankings and mentions:
Listed as “Star Individuals” are Richard C. McCrea, Jr., a Tampa shareholder in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice; and Peter W. Zinober, co-chair of the firm’s Global Labor & Employment Practice, co-chair of its Global Human Capital Solutions Practice, and a Tampa shareholder.
Recognized as an “Eminent Practitioner” is Gary M. Epstein, who is senior chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Global Corporate & Securities Practice, co-chair of the firm’s Israel Practice, managing shareholder of the Tel Aviv office, and a shareholder in the Miami office.
Noted as a “Senior Statesman” are Lucia A. Dougherty, co-chair of the Miami Land Development & Zoning Practice and of counsel in the Miami office; Joseph Z. Fleming, a Miami shareholder in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice; Matthew B. Gorson, senior chairman of the firm and a Real Estate shareholder in the Miami office; and Barry Richard, a Litigation shareholder in the firm’s Tallahassee, New York, and Washington, D.C. offices.
Recognized as “Up and Coming” are Iris Escarra, co-chair of the Miami Land Development & Zoning Practice and a shareholder in the Miami office; and Kimberly S. LeCompte, a Miami shareholder in the firm’s Real Estate Practice.
The following 12 Greenberg Traurig practice areas received “Band” placement in the Florida rankings:
• Banking & Finance
• Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Labor & Employment
• Latin American Investment
• Litigation: General Commercial
• Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Real Estate
• Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
Greenberg Traurig’s Florida Insurance practice also received a “Recognised Practitioner” listing.
Below is the full listing of Greenberg Traurig Florida attorneys ranked in the USA Guide in the following markets and practice areas:
• Emilio J. Alvarez-Farré – Banking & Finance: Transactional; Latin American Investment
• Kerri L. Barsh – Environment
• Hilarie Bass – Litigation: General Commercial
• Jacqueline Becerra – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Mark D. Bloom – Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Nationwide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Burt Bruton – Real Estate
• Randy A. Bullard – Latin American Investment
• David A. Coulson – Litigation: General Commercial
• Albert A. del Castillo – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
• Lucia A. Dougherty – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Seth J. Entin – Tax
• Gary M. Epstein – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Iris Escarra – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Joseph Z. Fleming – Labor & Employment
• Carl A. Fornaris – Banking & Finance: Regulatory
• Robert C. Gang – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
• Richard J. Giusto – Real Estate
• Matthew B. Gorson – Real Estate
• John B. Hutton III – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Yosbel A. Ibarra – Latin American Investment
• Paul J. Keenan, Jr. – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Nancy B. Lash – Real Estate
• Kimberly S. LeCompte – Real Estate
• Patricia Menéndez-Cambó – Latin American Investment
• Gary A. Saul – Real Estate
• Elliot H. Scherker – Litigation: Appellate
• Ozzie A. Schindler – Tax
• Mark P. Schnapp – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Jeffrey S. Tenen – Nationwide, Transportation: Aviation: Finance
• David E. Wells – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Donn A. Beloff – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Richard J. Fidei – Insurance
• Scott M. Grossman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Fred E. Karlinsky – Insurance
• Kara L. MacCullough – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Bruce I. March – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Joel D. Maser – Tax
• Warren S. Bloom – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
• Orlando L. Evora – Real Estate
• Julie P. Kendig-Schrader – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Michael G. Murphy P.E. – Construction
• Michael J. Sullivan – Real Estate; Nationwide, Leisure & Hospitality
• Jéan E. Wilson – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
• Michael J. Cherniga – Healthcare
• Barry Richard – Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: General Commercial
• Gregory W. Kehoe – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Richard C. McCrea, Jr. – Labor & Employment
• David B. Weinstein – Environment; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Peter W. Zinober – Labor & Employment
West Palm Beach
• Laurie L. Gildan – Real Estate
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.
Lourdes Brezo-Martinez, Greenberg Traurig, http://www.gtlaw.com, +1 212-801-2131, [email protected]