SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
CapRE, organizer of the International Data Center Summit Series has confirmed 50+ leaders, experts, and investors from the data center industry as well as 400+ attendees for the Seventh Annual Northern California Data Center Summit to be held at San Francisco's storied St. Francis Yacht Club on February 20, 2018.
The popular will feature exclusive analysis from and networking with the tech industry's most active and innovative insiders, including developers, engineers, architects, public sector executives, investors, capital sources, end-users, and consultants in Northern California and from around the globe. Attendees look forward to the following highlights:
- Kicking off the day with a breakfast workshop about mitigating third-party risk in the data center supply chain at 8:00 am
- An keynote address by Chris Crosby, CEO of Compass Data Centers at 8:50 am
- A full day of panel discussions about data center leadership, hybrid cloud enablement, density diversity, artificial intelligence, 5G & micro data centers, data center operations and management, the impact of blockchain and digital currencies on the industry, and more
- A Q&A with James Staten, Global Head of Market Development for Equinix at 4:15 pm to close the day
"This is my third time in Northern California with CapRE. It's the best venue. The St. Francis Yacht Club — it's kind of hard to beat that," says David C. Meadows II Director of Industry, Standards, and Technology with Stulz-ATS, a manufacturer of precision air conditioning, humidification, and de-humidification products. "From a professional standpoint, it's very well attended. And it always generates good conversations. On top of that, at previous events, I've had the opportunity to meet both customers and competitors in a very favorable, neutral setting."
CapRE looks forward to facilitating conversations around the following questions:
- What are the implications of new consolidators emerging in the data center arena?
- What firms were most active in 2017?
- What types of industry changes might we expect in 2018?
- How will political changes around the globe impact the data center industry in 2018?
- What are the new innovations relative to connectivity and data center design?
- What is the global outlook in 2018 for data center investment and development?
- Why is there such a huge valuation differential between the "haves" and "have nots" – i.e., scale, cash flow, strategic relevance?
CapRE anticipates that the most salient recurring themes of the day will include the growth of the hyperscale arena; the future of colocation demand and the rise of colocation marketplaces; the Edge and Ultra-Edge, including the utility of micro-data centers on towers; best practices for hiring data center employees and contractors; reduce costs without increasing risk; analysis of data center opportunities in the United States vs. Europe; analysis of network reconfiguration to support evolving needs; analysis of competitive and emerging West Coast markets; best practices for site selection; as well as analysis of capital markets, including private equity and venture capital.
"CapRate data center events are very valuable," says Sami Badri, Equity Research and Communications Infrastructure, Credit Suisse (USA). "The informational panels and quality of attendees have helped in my day-to-day in the data center industry. If you're in the industry, you'll find the conferences provide a resource."
This Summits is one of over a dozen events comprising CapRE's 2018 International Data Center Series. CapRE will also produce similar summits March 22 in Chicago, April 5 in New York City, April 19 in Alberta, May 15 in Portland, and beyond. For information on how to exhibit or sponsor any of these events, contact 917-460-3572 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register to attend, contact Ronnie Niederman at 646-829-7233.
To view the detailed agenda and registration > https://www.capremedia.com/events/capres-seventh-annual-northern-california-data-center-summit
Media Contact: Brian Klebash, CAPRE | International Data Center Series, 646-331-8777, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com