SEATTLE (PRWEB) May 10, 2018 -- Archbright, a go-to resource for HR advice and legal counsel for employers in Washington State, Idaho, and Oregon, today announced $200,000 in funding to be distributed to 6 non-profit organizations that provide health and wellness services to the Puget Sound community.
In 2014, Archbright endowed $1.8 million to be awarded over 10 years via the Seattle Foundation in the amount of $200,000 each year. The mission of Archbright’s Health and Wellness Fund is to encourage healthy lifestyle outcomes of Pacific Northwest residents through promotion of health and wellness education, research, and services.
“Archbright has helped Washington State employers with their HR and legal advice for over 80 years. Our members currently represent over 150,000 employees in the Pacific Northwest,” said Archbright president and CEO Shannon Kavanaugh. “What we’ve learned is that a healthy workforce is a happy workforce. We are thrilled to support these organizations where health and wellness is at the heart of their mission.”
Grants were awarded this year to support the general operating expenses of these organizations:
• Bloodworks Northwest saves lives through research, innovation, education and excellence in blood, medical and laboratory services in partnership with our community.
• CHOICES Education Group empowers teens to make positive choices to increase their life opportunities and support their health and wellbeing.
• FareStart helps people overcome the barriers to employment by developing the work and life skills they need to have lifelong careers through social enterprise restaurants, cafes, catering, and community meals programs.
• Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center improves the bodies, minds, and spirits of children and adults with disabilities through equine-assisted therapies and activities.
• Neighborcare Health is the largest provider of primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care services in the Seattle area for low income and uninsured families and individuals, seniors on fixed incomes, immigrants, and the homeless.
• Northwest Kidney Center is the world’s first dialysis organization, promoting the optimal health, quality of life, and independence of people with kidney disease through patient care, education, and research.
Archbright™ is the go-to resource for employers in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. At our core, we offer HR Advice and Legal Counsel through annual membership. Our focus is helping companies elevate workplace performance. With three membership levels to choose from, benefits may include access to the HR Hotline, On-Call Safety Advice, the online HR Toolkit, Employment Law and Labor Law advice, Compensation Survey Data, and more. Learn more at: http://www.archbright.com.
About Seattle Foundation
Seattle Foundation ignites powerful, rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all. Focused on creating equity and opportunity, our goal as a community foundation is to simplify giving and strengthen the impact of philanthropy for the more than 1,200 individuals, families, businesses and nonprofits we serve. We provide deep community insights, powerful civic leadership, effective philanthropic advising and judicious stewardship of assets in support of our mission. In addition, Seattle Foundation annually presents GiveBIG, a 24-hour online giving event to raise funds for area nonprofit organizations. Learn more at: http://www.seattlefoundation.org.
Natalie Roberts, Archbright, http://www.archbright.com, +1 (206) 329-1120, [email protected]