Sacramento, California (PRWEB) November 09, 2015 -- California Criminal Defense Attorney
After a five-year legal battle between the State of California and former tax attorney Roni Lynn Deutch, the $34 million lawsuit has come to an end.
According to court documents filed in Sacramento Superior Court
- All 1,609 criminal contempt charges levied against Deutch by the Attorney General’s office were dropped
- Fines were reduced from $34 million to $2.5 million
- Deutch agreed to perform 350 hours of volunteer service
- A permanent injunction has been issued which forbids Ms. Deutch from ever guaranteeing that she could save people money or get the Internal Revenue Service off their backs.
- While Deutch surrendered her law license in 2011, according to court papers she “may seek in the future to practice law in California or some other jurisdiction.”
California criminal lawyer Ken Rosenfeld of The Rosenfeld Law Firm called the dropping of criminal charges “significant” for his client.
“This was devastating for her” said Rosenfeld.
Rosenfeld’s defense rested on the matter of Deutch’s popularity and the subsequent, and substantial, spike in his client’s business. Court records show he argued that, although her efforts were well intentioned, in the end Deutch simply became overwhelmed by the volume of cases her firm was managing.
“She never intended to hurt anyone,” said Rosenfeld. “Her heart was in the right place. Things just got out of hand.”
“Finally, this resolves the matter and lets her get on with her life. She can start a new chapter,” Rosenfeld said.
Deutch claimed that, without Rosenfeld’s help, “I would be rotting in jail somewhere. He saved my freedom. He saved my life.”
About The Rosenfeld Law Firm
Misdemeanor or Felony
When it comes to California criminal defense, The Rosenfeld Law Firm raises the bar. Mr. Rosenfeld aggressively fights on its clients’ behalf until the most beneficial outcome has been achieved. Whether clients are seeking a criminal defense lawyer for lighter crimes such as a California misdemeanor or a more serious criminal act such as a California felony, Attorney Ken Rosenfeld treats each case with the same degree of intent and professionalism.
The Rosenfeld Law Firm handles a wide variety of California criminal matters, especially in the areas of:
• Criminal Defense—Three Strikes Law, Theft, Drug Possession
• All Felony and misdemeanor charges
• Juvenile Defense—Informal Resolution, Formal Charges
• Mental Health Law—Incompetency, Legal Insanity
• Prison Law Attorney—Board of Parole Hearings (BPH), California Prisoners, State-Appointed Attorneys
• Sex Crimes Defense—Rape, Indecent Exposure, Sex Registration, Lewd Conduct, Prostitution
• Sexually Violent Predator—Past Offenses, Psychological Evaluation
• Violent Crimes—Force or Threat of Force, Homicide, Kidnapping, Robbery
• California Appeals—Writ of Habeas Corpus, Prisoners’ Rights, Appealing Parole Decisions,
Sex Crimes Registration
The firm’s law offices are located in Sacramento and San Jose; however, Attorney Ken Rosenfeld handles cases all over California including the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Northern California, and beyond:
• San Francisco
• San Jose
• Los Angeles
• Santa Clara
• Santa Barbara
• San Diego
For more information about California criminal defense attorney, Kenneth Rosenfeld, The Rosenfeld Law Firm, or to schedule a client consultation, please contact the law firm by calling (916) 447-2070 or visit the company’s website at: http://www.therosenfeldlawfirm.com.
Kenneth Rosenfeld, The Rosenfeld Law Firm, http://www.therosenfeldlawfirm.com, +1 (916) 447-2070, [email protected]
SOURCE The Rosenfeld Law Firm