Boston, MA (PRWEB) June 24, 2016 -- As spring turns into summer, Au Bon Pain, an internationally recognized leader in the fast-casual category, announces its new Summer Menu event featuring light yet flavorful sandwiches, fruit-forward baked goods, and a delicious new salad that allows customers to celebrate the flavors of the season. New offerings include the Monterey Chicken Sandwich with basil aioli and fresh avocado on Semolina Bread and the Blueberry Lemon Torsade, while old favorites like sweet, sticky Monkey Bread and chewy Red Velvet Cookies are back. Limited time Summer Menu items will be available from June 21 through August 23.
For sandwiches, Au Bon Pain has added the all-new bold Monterey Chicken Sandwich made with monterey jack cheese, fresh avocado, roasted tomatoes, arugula, a basil aioli, and chicken that never contains antibiotics. The flavorful combination is then piled onto the new toasted Semolina Bread, a bakery addition that is proudly made and baked in-house. Also updated for summer is Au Bon Pain’s popular caprese sandwich, now available as the Two Tomato Caprese and made using a distinctive recipe that includes both fresh and roasted tomatoes, arugula, and fresh basil.
On the breakfast side, customers can enjoy the new Southwest Egg Sandwich that comes with applewood smoked bacon, egg, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and a flavor-packed chipotle spread, all stacked on a skinny wheat bagel.
“Our new summer menu is full of refreshing, flavor-packed items that allow customers to make healthy eating decisions while on the go,” said Katherine See, Au Bon Pain’s executive chef. “In the summer we know that many of our customers are even busier than usual, trying to pack as much activity as they can into the warm weather months. That’s why this new menu includes fresh, delicious, and easy-to-enjoy items like the Monterey Chicken Sandwich on our new Semolina Bread and the Blueberry Lemon Torsade - a flaky, sweet pastry under 250 calories that features seasonal ingredients sure to keep you fueled up for the next adventure.”
Playing on the brand’s commitment to offer unique, quality bakery items, the Summer Menu introduces new options like the Blueberry Lemon Torsade and protein-rich Semolina Bread, while also bringing back past customer favorites, like the Monkey Bread and the now-permanent Red Velvet Cookie.
“With every new menu launch we strive to create a variety of healthful, balanced meals using new items that are full of craveable and distinctive flavors,” said Maria Feicht, Au Bon Pain’s chief branding officer. “And for our new Summer Menu this means more delicious options that include the quality fresh fruits and vegetables that our customers expect.”
To help kick off the season and celebrate warmer weather, Au Bon Pain is hosting two summer beverage promotions. Through September 29, all café locations will be offering $0.99 iced beverages with the purchase of any soup, salad, or sandwich. Participating cafés will also offer $0.99 cold cup refills for customers who purchase the $6.99 cold cup.
The full Summer Menu:
- Monterey Chicken Sandwich: On toasted Semolina Bread – chicken with no antibiotics ever, monterey jack cheese, fresh avocado, roasted tomatoes, arugula and basil aioli
- Two Tomato Caprese Sandwich: On ciabatta – with fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, arugula, fresh basil & balsamic glaze (can also be made with chicken)
- Sweet Cheese CroisBun: Our classic buttery CroisBun filled with sweet cheese
- Monkey Bread: Soft pull-apart pastry baked with cinnamon sugar and honey
- Red Velvet Cookie: Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips
- Blueberry Lemon Torsade: European style croissant dough twisted, filled with lemon cream and finished with blueberries
- Semolina Bread: Classic Italian bread made with 100% semolina flour and topped with toasted sesame seeds. Crisp exterior and soft chewy interior are its hallmarks
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad: Chicken, with no antibiotics ever, romaine, fresh & roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese, orzo & tossed with lite lemon shallot vinaigrette
- Southwest Egg Sandwich: Two eggs, applewood-smoked bacon, tomatoes and cheddar cheese with chipotle spread on a skinny wheat bagel
- Clam Chowder: Chopped sea clams and diced russet potatoes in a rich, creamy blend of celery, onions and select seasonings
- Minestrone with Basil: Classic minestrone soup with an updated recipe, packed with vegetables, beans, escarole and finished with basil & parmesan cheese
- Toffee Latte: Espresso with toffee & vanilla syrups, topped with frothed milk, whipped cream and caramel drizzle – available hot or iced
For more information on the new menu or to find an Au Bon Pain café location near you, visit: http://www.aubonpain.com.
About Au Bon Pain
Founded in 1978, Au Bon Pain (“the place of good bread”) has grown into an internationally recognized leader in the fast-casual restaurant category. The chain’s signature items—sandwiches, breads, pastries, salads, soups and coffee—are served in welcoming café environments emphasizing quick service and hospitality. Au Bon Pain offers consumers a wide array of delicious, nutritional foods that include low-sodium, low-fat, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options. Calorie counts are clearly posted on menus and full nutritional information is provided in each café which has helped the brand earn Health magazine’s designation as one of America’s Top 5 Healthiest Restaurant Chains over the past three years and one of America’s Healthiest Restaurant Chains by Grellin.
Au Bon Pain operates in six key trade channels including urban office buildings, hospitals, universities, transportation centers, malls and museums. Au Bon Pain currently operates in more than 300 locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information about Au Bon Pain, which is headquartered in Boston, may be found at http://www.aubonpain.com.
Anna Schwarz, People Making Good PR, +1 (802)448-5515, [email protected]
SOURCE People Making Good PR