Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) May 31, 2014 -- Barnhardt Manufacturing Company has earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label for its High Q® Cotton. The USDA Certified Biobased Product Label verifies that the product’s amount of renewable biobased ingredients meets or exceeds levels set by USDA. Biobased products are finished or intermediate materials composed in whole or in significant part of agricultural, forestry, or marine ingredients.
“This logo/label will allow our High Q® cotton to be immediately identified as a certified USDA BioPreferred product,” said Chuck Allen, Director of Product Development at Barnhardt.
All biobased amount claims are verified by independent labs and monitored by the USDA. Consumers may feel secure in the accuracy of the biobased amount and be empowered in making better informed purchasing decisions.
"We are proud that Barnhardt Manufacturing Company has earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label," said Ron Buckhalt, USDA BioPreferred Program Manager. "Biobased products add value to renewable agriculture commodities, create jobs in rural communities and help our nation decrease its reliance on foreign-sourced and non-renewable petroleum."
The label is estimated to be on certified products and available for consumers by May 12, 2014. Our product was certified to 98% biobased and the remaining 2% being fossil carbon.
About USDA BioPreferred
The USDA BioPreferred program was created by the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 (2002 Farm Bill), and expanded by the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (2008 Farm Bill). The purpose is to increase the purchase and use of biobased products. The United States Department of Agriculture manages the program. Products that meet the USDA BioPreferred program requirements carry a distinctive label for easier identification by the consumer. To learn more about the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label, please visit http://www.biopreferred.gov, and follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/BioPreferred.
About Barnhardt Manufacturing Company:
Barnhardt Manufacturing Company is a privately owned company that began operation in 1900. It is a global supplier of high quality bleached and purified cotton fibers for use in medical, feminine hygiene and consumer products as well as the adult and baby diapers. Visit http://www.barnhardtcotton.net.
Stacy Glover, Barnhardt Manufacturing Company, http://www.barnhardtcotton.net, +1 (704) 405-4052, [email protected]