San Jose, CA (PRWEB) September 15, 2016 -- BigID Inc., a pioneer in the emerging field of enterprise privacy management, has today announced availability of its early access beta program. Founded in early 2016 the company raised $2.1M in May to help enterprises better protect the privacy of their customers’ personal data through the application of data science. BigID’s platform gives enterprises intelligence and governance controls needed to help protect against proliferating privacy risk and the increasing threat of personal data breaches, and help drive compliance with privacy and security requirements.
Today’s enterprises often lack actionable data intelligence for the most important digital asset they manage: their customer information. BigID was launched to fill this void, and help protect against risks associated with dangerous hacks and financial loss from personal data theft. In 2015, nearly 1.2B personal data records were stolen from organizations costing them over $140B in remediation costs. Moreover, the cost of non-compliance is increasing too: for example, a new data protection regulation in the EU includes penalties as high as 4% of a company’s annual revenue. The BigID enterprise privacy management platform is the first dedicated solution to help businesses accurately find, track, manage and govern their customer, employee and client data to enhance protection and privacy. According to the company’s newly appointed advisory board:
• Ron Bennatan, former CTO of Data Security IBM, CTO Guardium: “Enterprises struggle finding all their customer data, tracking its movement, quantifying its vulnerability and measuring its compliance. Today these tasks are typically guessed at by a mix of survey and application of tools not designed for privacy management. BigID helps enterprises get smart about the governance of the personal data so as to enhance the protection and privacy of their customer information.”
• Todd Papaioannou, PhD, formerly CTO Splunk, Chief Cloud Architect Yahoo!, VP Architecture and Emerging Technologies: “Identity Data is no longer limited to simply user names and passwords. Organizations collect and use all kinds of personal data about their customers. BigID helps organizations understand the risks and their potential exposure of that information through deep Data Science.
• Peter Rabinowitz, former Chief Privacy Officer of PayPal and former Chief Privacy Counsel of American Express: “Personal data protection and privacy are increasingly a board level and C-Suite concern in the corporate world. Consumers and business partners expect companies to safeguard their personal information. Companies need to focus on accounting for and safeguarding that vast volume of data, addressing current and emerging regulatory requirements, and preserving trust between consumers and the custodians of their personal information. Deploying robust controls, including through technical tools, can assist in this process.”
• Debra J. Farber, Sr. Director, Global Public Policy (Security & Privacy) at Visa; Co-Founder, Women in Security and Privacy; Faculty at IANS Research; and former Senior Privacy Consultant at TRUSTe: "Documenting data maps and data flow analyses are essential steps that Privacy Officers must take to effectively govern personal data within an organization. It is near impossible to ensure that data are protected without understanding where data resides, in what systems/databases they are stored, and how data flows through a business process across multiple systems and/or organizations. Moreover, such visibility is necessary in order to adequately assess and manage privacy and security risks to the data in an ongoing manner. Now more than ever - in the world of big data collection and analysis - Privacy Officers need real-time data mapping and data flow tools in order to derive actionable insights for compliance with privacy and security regulations, contracts, and internal policies."
• Ameet Patel, Ex-CTO of LabMorgan/JPMC & Advisor/Investor (SkyHigh, Anaplan, Paxata, Agari, Guardicore and other transformative companies): “PII is under attack in the enterprise. Businesses face a growing tidal wave of regulation and hacker threat that make the handling of personal data a major liability, continuity and reputation consideration for business. Despite this, innovation in privacy protection has lagged traditional detection and defense security technologies creating whitespace for novel approaches to enterprise privacy management. BigID offers a unique perspective on upending how privacy is protected in the enterprise.”
• Lance Weaver, Board Member PRA Group, former President Money Cards Virgin Money, Chairman at MasterCard, Senior Executive Vice Chairman of MBNA America Bank, N.A., and Chief Administrative Officer of MBNA Corp: “Trust underpins the financial services industry. Consumers expect their financial partners to be equally responsible with their personal finances and their personal data. But while financial businesses have spent decades perfecting the integrity and continuity of their systems that track and manage financial accounts and transactions, the systems for tracking and managing the integrity and continuity of their customer personal data remains a work in progress. BigID represents an important step in bringing the same level of accounting, governance and insight that fin-serve organizations have perfected for managing personal finances to the realm of managing personal data privacy and protection.”
With a rising specter of personal data theft and increasing regulation, the risks are growing for companies that collect, store and use data. The growing amount of customer and personal data can make it challenging for enterprises to properly account for the information and govern its use. BigID provides a purpose-built solution to this growing problem. It offers enterprises a modern rapid deployment software solution focused on better protection and privacy of personal data in the data center or cloud.
To learn more about the early access program you can reach BigID at trial(at)bigid(dot)com. You can also visit BigID this week at Privacy. Security. Risk. 2016 in San Jose Booth #47.
About BigID Inc.
BigID Inc. is the first privacy management platform for the global enterprise. Using BigID, companies can help reduce breach risk, contain liability exposure and address increasing global privacy regulations. The company was founded by identity and security veterans Dimitri Sirota and Nimrod Vax. Sirota previously cofounded API Security & Management vendor Layer 7 Technologies. In 2013, Layer 7 exited to CA Technologies. Vax has over 15 years’ experience in Identity and Security as an engineering and product manager, and served as product line manager of the Identity Management and Governance product lines at CA Technologies. BigID is headquartered in NY with development offices in Tel Aviv. You can follow BigID at http://www.bigid.com and @bigidsecure.
# # #
Lauren Epstein, N6A, +1 (212) 334-9753 Ext: 101, [email protected]