NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Clarity Benefit Solutions provides five health industry trends that HSA companies should be aware of.
- Healthcare premiums are on the rise. Unfortunately, High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) premiums will continue to climb for employees across the country, because of medical inflation, expenses related to specialty pharmacy products, and those who file high-cost claims. Fortunately, the number of people enrolling in these plans is also increasing. Employees are seeking customized benefit solutions, and are filling in the gaps with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Savings Accounts (FSAs).
- The health industry will tackle the opioid crisis. Opioid overdoses are the leading cause of death of adults in the United States under the age of 50. It is imperative that the health industry partner with municipalities and states to face this crisis head on; no single strategy will solve this alarming problem. The health industry will take the lead to tackle this epidemic.
- Virtual and digital services are viable options to in-person care. More medical practices are offering virtual visit services such as phone, email, or video consultations. HDHPs are poised to accommodate these changes, which can also include administering prescriptions. A rise in home delivery services will facilitate the accessibility of healthcare to everyone.
- Natural disasters will have a long-lasting impact on health systems. Natural disasters such as hurricanes and wildfires are having devastating effects on health systems, financial operations, and manufacturing supply chains—both short- and long-term. The healthcare industry and pharmaceutical companies need to have effective contingency plans in place that address a multitude of scenarios to ensure the health of the country.
- Workplace wellness initiatives are increasing. This trend, which has been occurring for some time, will continue to grow as employees look to their employees to take an active interest in their emotional and physical well-being. Programs such as exercise classes, gym memberships, dietary and nutrition initiatives, stress management, and mental health support programs will continue to increase in popularity.
About Clarity Benefit Solutions: Clarity Benefit Solutions HSA administrators provides technology that makes the health insurance plan selection process fast, easy, and straightforward. For over two decades, we have provided clients with industry-leading technology, compliance, and exceptional customer service. Our offering is designed to save time and lower the costs of managing benefits while also promoting employee self-service and automated ACA compliance.
Media Contact: Calvin Clark, Clarity Benefit Solutions, 732-428-8272, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Clarity Benefit Solutions