San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 20, 2014 -- Call it uplift modeling. Call it mass scientific persuasion. Call it what you will, “Persuasion Modeling” is likely to be one of the hottest session tracks at Predictive Analytics World (PAW) San Francisco (March 16-21, 2014).
Interested attendees shouldn’t delay.
On March 17, 2014, Daniel Porter, former Director of Statistical Modeling for Obama for America, will present his talk on Pinpointing the Persuadables: Convincing the Right Customers and the Right Voters.
In it, Porter will discuss the large-scale randomized, controlled experiment used to identify persuadables – individuals who were willing to respond to an action when targeted – during the 2012 campaign.
As many corporations are now discovering, this advanced type of statistical modeling can have a dramatic effect on everything from reducing patient readmissions to retaining customers.
"The old adage in advertising is, 'I know half of my advertising isn't working; I just don't know which half,'" Porter said in a 2013 interview. "With uplift modeling, you can identify which half is working and which half isn't -- or more specifically, what customers are most receptive to advertising and what customers aren't."
Porter’s presentation is just one of 30+ sessions featured at this popular predictive analytics event. Over the course of the conference, tracks will also encompass:
• Large-Scale Continuous Learning: Gayatri Patel, eBay’s Director of Analytics Platform Strategy & PM, reveals the secrets behind eBay’s speed of decision-making and the nuts and bolts of its automated analytics.
• Workforce Analytics – Retention: Attrition can cost call centers millions. In this detailed case study, Pasha Roberts, Chief Scientist at Talent Analytics, Corp., highlights how one major financial services client effectively stopped the bleeding.
• Behavioral Modeling: To better understand its clients, Wells Fargo developed a series of analytical methodologies that segmented customers into patterns of behavior at scale. In this talk, two analytics experts will discuss the pros and cons of time-series clustering.
The event features 7 full-day workshops, a panel on quantitative analysis, multiple networking opportunities and co-location with four other analytics conferences, including Text Analytics World.
View the full agenda and see all the in-depth sessions available.
About Predictive Analytics World
Predictive Analytics World is a world-renowned, business-focused event for predictive analytics professionals, managers and commercial practitioners. This conference delivers case studies, expertise and resources to achieve:
• Bigger wins: Strengthen the impact of predictive analytics deployment
• Broader capabilities: Establish new opportunities in data science
• Big data: Leverage bigger data for prediction and drive bigger value
The only conference of its kind, Predictive Analytics World delivers vendor-neutral sessions across verticals such as banking, financial services, e-commerce, entertainment, government, healthcare, high technology, insurance, non-profits, publishing and retail.
About Rising Media
Rising Media is a global events producer excelling in Internet and technology-related conferences and exhibitions. Rising Media-produced events include Data Driven Business Week, the eMetrics Summit, Context Conference, Conversion Conference, Predictive Analytics World, Text Analytics World, Affiliate Management Days, Building Business Capability, Social Media Economy Days, Web Effectiveness Conference, Search Marketing Expo, SemTech and Social Gaming Summit in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Finland and Australia.
Jillian McGinnity, Rising Media, Inc., http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/sanfrancisco/2014/, +1 508-834-3109, [email protected]
SOURCE Rising Media, Inc.