San Francisco, CALIF (PRWEB) August 19, 2014 -- Today, ElasticBox, the company that enables IT as a service (ITaaS) capabilities like real time collaboration and the delivery of applications for enterprise companies, announced a new partnership with Couchbase, provider of the most complete NoSQL database to date. Together, the two companies have created Couchbase Server and Couchbase Sync Gateway Boxes for ElasticBox, allowing ElasticBox users to quickly deploy and run web and mobile applications powered by Couchbase technology in the cloud, bringing ElasticBox’s unique collaboration and management features to the only enterprise-grade NoSQL database on the market today.
This new integration is bringing unprecedented opportunities for companies to develop complex NoSQL applications in-house through ElasticBox's predesigned Boxes. Boxes, reusable application components that can include configuration management runtimes and platforms, are stacked together to build applications that can be shared with coworkers and repeatedly deployed anywhere.
The new Couchbase Boxes makes it easy to build and deploy complex multi-tiered applications powered by Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile. Not only do the Boxes help with building and deploying these applications, they also speed up application delivery, helping IT organizations become more agile than ever before.
“We are very excited about this new partnership with ElasticBox,” said Rod Hamlin, Vice President, Business Developement at Couchbase. “Couchbase Boxes on ElasticBox will make it easier for enterprises and developers to leverage Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile to build high performing, secure, scalable, reliable NoSQL applications.”
ElasticBox's collaborative and management features give IT teams and developers tools to push any business’ bottom line forward. By integrating with Couchbase, developers and IT teams can now:
- Scale with ease: Developers and IT operations teams can now quickly launch new Couchbase Server and Couchbase Sync Gateway instances and respond to rapidly changing business requirements or increasing demand.
- Multiply productivity: ElasticBox speeds the deployment of Couchbase powered web and mobile applications because it lets developers and developer operations code together and share applications from different locations, resulting in less time spent building and deploying applications.
- Completely govern instance lifecycles in a single place: IT operations has full ownership and control of the deployment of Couchbase Server and Couchbase Sync Gateway with ElasticBox’s Lifecycle Editor. The editor allows changes to be made, reconfigured and pushed back to the catalog all in one place while also providing detailed logs of all changes for tracking purposes.
- Deploy Couchbase quickly on any cloud: Developers can quickly provision a virtual machine and deploy Couchbase Server and / or Couchbase Sync Gateway on any private or public cloud with ElasticBox’s cloud agnostic offering.
- Stick to best practices: By using the Couchbase boxes, developers can be sure that they are using the best practices when deploying Couchbase technology.
“If Big Data’s promise is being turned into reality by technologies like NoSQL, then ElasticBox is bringing out the capabilities of the cloud to help businesses create, deploy and manage internal applications,” said Ravi Srivatsav, CEO and cofounder of ElasticBox. “ElasticBox will continue to deeply integrate with top technologies, like Couchbase’s robust NoSQL database, as we bring even more power and capabilities to the platform.”
Companies interested in receiving more information about ElasticBox’s enterprise solution can contact: [email protected]
More information about ElasticBox and Couchbase’s partnership can be found here: http://elasticbox.com/blog/
ElasticBox is an enterprise solution that simplifies and optimizes application development, orchestration, deployment and management on private, public or hybrid clouds. It empowers Developers and IT Operations and aligns these organizations to business needs for flexibility, transparency, agility and collaboration. Customers use the virtual appliance or cloud service to enable service catalog, fast repeatable deployments, workload mobility, hybrid deployment and continuous integration and delivery.
ElasticBox’s investors include: Nexus Venture Partners, Intel Capital, Sierra Ventures, and a16z seed.
Creighton Vance, VSC, +1 4154975465, [email protected]