New York, NY (July 11, 2016) (PRWEB) July 11, 2016 -- Domino, the pioneering content and commerce company rooted in home décor, today announced that Nathan Coyle has joined as CEO. Nathan was most recently EVP at Refinery29 where he led business development, video strategy and created Refinery29’s highly regarded influencer division, Here & Now Collective. Previously, Nathan held senior posts at AOL/Cambio and Creative Artists Agency (CAA). At CAA, he helped to create its digital content practice.
Nathan joins CRO Beth Fuchs Brenner and editorial director Jessica Romm Perez on the Domino leadership team.
Nathan comes to Domino at an exciting time. Domino originally launched in 2005 as a Conde Nast title and shuttered in 2009. It was reborn in 2013 as a shoppable digital destination and a quarterly print publication. Today, the brand is thriving as it redefines how consumers can beautify their homes and their lives. Domino combines world-class editorial—with a uniquely accessible point of view—and effortless ecommerce, so consumers can take immediate action on their likes and wants.
The “new” Domino has clearly resonated:
- Since Domino’s 2013 relaunch, the title has seen 500% revenue growth
- As of last month, Domino has surpassed 1 million registered users
- Domino won Adweek’s 2014 and 2015 Hottest Home Magazine Readers Choice Awards on their coveted Hot List
- It has attracted advertising from sought-after design companies as well as upscale lifestyle marketers such as Apple, Lexus, Mercedes and Airbnb
- Domino’s e-commerce business has amassed 20,000 paying customers, 30% of whom have made multiple purchases
- Domino’s ecommerce and vendor management solution fully integrates with editorial and offers consumers access to more than 600 hand-picked vendors and 8,000 curated product SKUs
“Domino quickly built a resonant brand by leveling the playing field for people who want chic, accessible home design inspiration,” said Nathan Coyle. “Because of its unique approach and style sensibility, Domino established a huge group of brand champions. We’re excited to build upon this foundation with new offerings that expand the ‘cult of Domino’ – into new product offerings and into adjacent verticals – to offer advertisers unique ways to connect with this highly sought-after audience.”
“Nathan’s expertise is in video, digital media and the emerging role of influencers,” said Cliff Sirlin, co-founder and board chair of Domino Media Group. “He has been transformative in helping publishing brands scale and he understands the power of video and social media to activate and build communities. We’re looking forward to his stewardship of the Domino brand.”
In coming weeks and months, Domino will:
- Open a new office and studio in midtown west: With 5,000 square feet, and a full photography and video production studio, the new location will offer Domino’s expanding team a comfortable new home.
- Publish its second book: Domino excels at multimedia publishing and satiating the ambitions of its readers. Domino is committed to print, digital and social formats. The book will be published by Simon & Schuster.
- Introduce its first licensed collection: In September, Domino will launch a curated bedding collection with The Company Store, designed to appeal to millennial home consumers. Several other licensing deals are in the works.
Domino is the go-to resource for design lovers who want to bring their personal style home. We inspire customers to create a happy home by celebrating their individuality, providing them with need-to-know information, and empowering them to shop for what they love. domino magazine is published four times a year and fresh content is updated multiple times a day on domino.com.
Code Morris for Domino
Zach Williams, Code Morris, +1 (973) 868-8626, [email protected]