NEW YORK, March 8, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Employee benefits administration company, Clarity Benefit Solutions, discusses the benefits of employee health and wellness programs.
The number of employers offering health and wellness programs is one the rise. After all, it makes sense to invest in employees' physical and emotional well-being with programs such as yoga and other exercise classes, gym memberships, wearables, nutrition and dietary support, stress management, and mental health programs. Here are some benefits of such programs.
- Improved physical fitness. Employees will reap the rewards of being more physically active, whether it's a brisk walk during lunch break, participating in a weekly yoga class, or hitting the gym before or after work. Incorporating more physical activity into daily life will enhance employees' work habits.
- Weight loss. Being more physically active will also impact employees' weight. Exercising, eating properly, and caring for one's mental health can result in the shedding of pounds. Some workplace wellness programs offer a financial incentive for weight loss!
- Reduced stress. Less stressed employees equal happy and productive employees. Wellness programs that teach employees how to manage stress are extremely beneficial. Activities that foster social engagement and mindfulness can reduce daily pent-up stress and leave employees more relaxed and capable to perform their jobs.
- Healthier habits. Wellness programs encourage employees to adopt healthier habits. Being exposed to an environment that fosters healthy choices will help employees adopt a health-conscious attitude that will result in positive performance in the workplace.
- Enhanced productivity. Wellness initiatives in the workplace such as exercise, mindful eating, and self-care will increase job performance and productivity. Employees will feel refreshed and motivated—ready and willing to tackle daily tasks!
- Happier employees. Data shows that employees who participate in workplace wellness initiatives have more job satisfaction than those who don't. They are more engaged and happier overall.
Healthier, happier employees create a wonderful work environment. A surprising bonus is employers that offer wellness programs can also realize reduced health care costs, since healthier employees are less likely to get sick or injured.
About Clarity Benefit Solutions: Clarity Benefit Solutions provides technology that makes the health insurance plan selection process fast, easy, and straightforward. For over two decades, we have provided clients with industry-leading technology, compliance, and exceptional customer service. Our offering is designed to save time and lower the costs of managing benefits while also promoting employee self-service and automated ACA compliance.
Media Contact: Calvin Clark, Clarity Benefit Solutions, 7324288282, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Clarity Benefit Solutions