SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (PRWEB) October 27, 2015 -- In response to the official filing by the California Attorney General earlier today of California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom’s “The Safety for All Act of 2016,” civil rights advocates at Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and the Firearms Policy Coalition Second Amendment Defense Committee (FPCSADC) political action committee have begun shipping out over 25,000 grassroots activism guides to volunteers and activism hubs throughout the state.
FPCSADC President Brandon Combs expects to ship an additional 75,000 grassroots guides within the next week.
“We are committed to building the biggest, most-organized, and highly informed Second Amendment grassroots army ever seen in California to fight and oppose Gavin Newsom’s assault on our civil rights,” said Firearms Policy Coalition President Brandon Combs. “We want 100,000 volunteers working on this by the end of the year. This initial deployment is just the beginning of our much larger opposition plan.”
According to FPC SADC's evaluation of the initiative's language, Newsom’s gun control proposal would significantly change existing state law. If passed, says the Firearms Policy Coalition, the initiative would:
- Institute a total, confiscatory ban on the possession of “large-capacity magazines” – even legally-owned “grandfathered” magazines and those that are possessed by active and retired law enforcement officers;
- Add severe and expensive new restrictions on ammunition purchases, including a mandatory DOJ ammunition purchase permit for anyone who wants to buy ammunition, a ban on private ammunition sales, and a gun owner database of ammunition purchasers;
- Ban the private purchase and importation of ammunition from out-of-state retailers;
- Require all ammunition sellers to acquire a special DOJ ammunition sales permit and to have every employee that handles or sells ammunition to have a DOJ-issued Certificate of Eligibility;
- Mandate a $25 Million theft of fees paid by gun owners to fund the new DOJ ammunition program;
- And enact other gun control regulations that have already failed passage in the Legislature or were vetoed by Governor Jerry Brown.
“FPC and the Second Amendment Defense Committee are absolutely dedicated to stopping Gavin’s unconstitutional gun grab,” explained Combs. “The infrastructure is in place, and we have retained counsel and specialized experts to maximize the success of our opposition campaign.”
“These measures will do nothing to advance public safety, but they will further undermine the Second Amendment rights of all Californians,” continued Combs. “The time to draw a line in the sand is right now.”
Newsom would need to collect about 366,000 valid signatures to qualify the proposal for the 2016 general election ballot. From there, it would be an up or down vote by the people of California.
“All California gun owners and civil rights organizations must stand together, dig in, and do whatever it takes to defeat this anti-rights initiative at the ballot box," said Combs. "We are committed to working with our friends at the National Rifle Association, California Rifle and Pistol Association, Gun Owners of California, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and many other civil rights groups to defend fundamental, individual Second Amendment rights against Newsom’s unconstitutional attack.”
Concluded Combs, “When Newsom first announced this awful gun control scheme, we promised to bring the fight to him. Well, here we come, Gavin. Your move.”
You can support FPCSADC, volunteer to fight the ballot initiative, and view the official ballot initiative language at FPCSADC’s StopNewsom.org opposition campaign website, also available at fpcsadc.org.
FPC first informed the public about Newsom’s gun control proposal on October 14, the day before the Lt. Gov. held a press conference to announce his plan.
Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) is a non-partisan, grassroots, nonprofit public benefit organization. FPC’s mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the fundamental, individual Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Firearms Policy Coalition Second Amendment Defense Committee (FPPC # 1380746) (fpcsadc.org) is a primarily formed political action committee (PAC) sponsored by Firearms Policy Coalition. FPC SADC’s mission is to oppose and defeat Gavin Newsom’s gun control ballot proposal and defend the fundamental, individual Second Amendment civil rights of all law-abiding people.
Brandon Combs, Firearms Policy Coalition, https://www.firearmspolicy.org/contact/, +1 8553727522 Ext: 5775, [email protected]