RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
FMI Corporation, the leading provider of management consulting and investment banking services to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment, is pleased to announce the release of its 2018 offsite construction report. The research was conducted in collaboration with the Construction Users Round Table (CURT) and the Construction Industry Institute (CII) and involved more than 100 owner organizations. The publication sheds light on the current state of offsite construction in North America, explores owners' perceptions around benefits and impediments to offsite construction, discusses organizational implications, and highlights industry success stories.
Key findings from the study include:
- 61% of respondents think today's offsite construction environment is different than in 2014.
- Top reasons for changes in the offsite construction environment include labor shortages and increasing cost and schedule pressures.
- 62% of respondents are still on the fence about offsite construction.
- Only 16% of respondents have stated offsite construction goals. These owners see better results compared to those who don't have stated offsite construction goals.
- Almost 50% of owners still go with the traditional design-bid-build approach, which does not allow for optimal project planning of offsite construction.
Al Schwarzkopf, associate director with Merck and Co., Inc. and study participant, stated, "In order for us to have a radical change in productivity as an industry, we've got to revolutionize the way we deliver projects. And modularization is probably one of the key components in being able to take that first step."
To access the 2018 FMI/CURT/CII Offsite Construction report, please click here:
For over 65 years, FMI has been the leading management consulting and investment banking firm dedicated exclusively to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment.
FMI serves all sectors of the industry as a trusted advisor. More than six decades of context, connections and insights lead to transformational outcomes for clients and the industry.
FMI helps you build your foundation for tomorrow and optimize your business for today. Industry Focus. Powerful Results.
Media Contact: Rebecca Esler, FMI Corporation, 919-785-9209, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com