Dallas, TX (PRWEB) June 30, 2016 -- As construction on Interstate 35 is in full force and not slated to be complete for at least another year, Dallas-area personal injury law firm Guajardo and Marks urges local drivers to stay safe in area road construction zones.
“With increased accidents and traffic due to construction along I-35 and other parts of the Dallas Fort Worth area, we want to help drivers be educated in avoiding problems on the roadways,” said attorney Mike Guajardo of Guajardo and Marks law firm. “Summer drivers will be hitting the roads, as well and causing additional congestion. It’s best to be prepared to not only avoid accidents, but to be educated in what to do if an accident occurs.”
The following tips can help drivers to stay safe in construction zones:
• Slow down. Be on the lookout for construction signs letting drivers know the temporary speed limit, and obey the limit.
• Be aware of road workers. Road construction workers often work only a short distance from highway traffic.
• Stay in your lane.
• Keep off of your cell phone.
• Watch other drivers.
• Be patient. Traffic delays are nearly a guarantee in road construction zones. Be patient with the workers as well as with other drivers.
In the event of an accident with injuries, Guajardo urges drivers to gather and preserve evidence immediately after an accident. In addition:
• Take pictures with a smart phone if you are in a safe location.
• If you are unable to take photographs, ask a witness to do so for you.
• Get contact information from all witnesses.
Unfortunately, even if you work to drive safely, other drivers are not always as cautious. If you were injured in an accident caused by another driver, call Guajardo & Marks, LLP at 972-534-2837 to speak with an experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer who can assist you and ensure proper gathering and preservation of evidence for your personal injury lawsuit.
About Guajardo and Marks
Top-rated Dallas attorneys Michael Guajardo and Greg Marks are aggressive advocates for you and your loved ones following a personal injury or wrongful death. The Dallas personal injury lawyers have nearly 50 years combined experience handling a variety of cases with an emphasis on catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Attorneys Michael Guajardo and Greg Marks are distinguished by their courtroom experience and a history of success in complex personal injury cases.
Amy Needham, Martin Communications, +1 919-270-9377, [email protected]