HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Jan. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Chess equipment supplier, The House of Staunton, details the steps players take to earn the Grandmaster title.
The Grandmaster title is both coveted and respected in the sport of chess. And, while it may seem like an impossible status to obtain, it's more attainable than most intermediate-level players believe. The House of Staunton shares the steps players should take to claim the Grandmaster title:
Step 1. Improve your game.
Players planning to earn the Grandmaster title should concentrate on a few essential aspects of chess when improving their game.
- Increase tactical knowledge. Players need to develop a vast repertoire of move sequences before they're ready to play for the Grandmaster title because moves sequences are how an overall chess strategy is executed. They also need to learn when to use different tactics. Forks, discovered attacks, and pinning are tactics worth learning.
- Become a better strategist. Players can begin to develop their abilities as a chess strategist once they can execute a sufficient number of tactics. Learning how to strategize requires players be familiar with their playing style, strengths, and weaknesses. Those seeking the [Grandmaster title need to enter chess matches with both offensive and defensive strategies in mind. Learning how to control the board and master spacing will improve a chess player's ability to strategize. Knowing how to execute an effective endgame is also essential.
- Practice. As is the case with all athletes, practice makes perfect. Chess players after the Grandmaster title need to practice frequently. A coach may or may not be necessary, but it doesn't hurt to a join a club. There are also several ways to practice online.
Step 2. Execute the necessary administrative details and requirements
Once a player is ready to go for the Grandmaster title, they need to take several steps. These steps are outlined here:
- Obtain an FIDE membership. Players must join this organization because it is the organization that grants the Grandmaster title. The good news is, players don't need to be all that experienced to join. They can simply pay the membership fee online.
- Play well at FIDE tournaments. Players need to obtain three high-level finishes called "Grandmaster Norms" at FIDE-registered tournaments against Grandmaster-level players.
- Establish a minimum rating. The next step is reaching a 2500 FIDE rating. Players can achieve this by playing in FIDE-registered tournaments.
About The House of Staunton: As an American locally owned and operated small business, The House of Staunton supplies chess equipment. For over 27 years, they have manufactured the world's finest chess equipment. They sell a wide variety of chess sets, chess boards, and chess boxes, and are the equipment provider for top chess tournaments worldwide. Their chess sets are featured in numerous movies and television shows as well as on book covers and in print ads!
Media Contact: Shawn P. Sullivan, The House of Staunton, Inc., 256.858.8070, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE The House of Staunton, Inc.