ARLINGTON, VA (PRWEB) September 12, 2017 -- Global leader in edtech Hobsons today announced that four Hobsons education experts will present at the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) 73rd National Conference at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on September 14-16, 2017. Experts will share key findings from Hobsons’ recent nationwide “Road Warriors” survey of college admissions counselors, and share the latest updates to Hobsons’ popular college and career readiness platform, Naviance.
In addition to its presentations, the Hobsons team will have a presence at Booth #637 throughout the conference to allow admissions counselors from across the country to network with each other and sign up for the Counselor Community, an online destination where high school counselors and college admission representatives can build relationships and work together to help students find best-fit post-secondary options.
Hobsons-led presentations at NACAC are:
- Road Warriors: Results of a Nationwide Survey of Admission Counselors | Thursday, Sept. 14, 3:15-3:45pm ET | Learning Lounge: Effective high school visits by college admissions representatives play a vital role in helping students determine their post-secondary plans. Hobsons conducted a national “Road Warriors” survey of 224 college admission counselors, seeking to discover what factors contribute to a successful high school visit and how counselors spend their time while traveling.
- Kim Oppelt, Education and Outreach Manager, Hobsons
- Bryan Karl, Director First-Year Undergraduate Admissions, College of St. Scholastica
- The Admissions Counselors of the Future – What You Need to Know | Friday, Sept. 15, 11:50am-12:50pm ET | Room 152: As technology continues to rapidly advance, effective college admissions offices evolve and streamline the process of connecting with students who are a good fit and are interested in their institution. At NACAC, Hobsons hosts a lunch-time discussion for college admission representatives about the tools and trends crucial to the field of admissions. Seating is limited. To learn more and to register for the lunch, visit here.
- Amy Reitz, Intersect General Manager, Hobsons
- Naviance Update: What’s New and Notable for 2017-2018 | Friday, Sept. 15, 1:30-2:45pm ET | D Block: Naviance by Hobsons is a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness platform that helps students align their interests to their long-term college and career plans. This interactive session “Naviance Update: What’s New and Notable for 2017-2018” will provide counselors the opportunity to ask questions and learn the latest about Naviance, the 2017 SIIA CODiE Award winner in the Best College and Career Readiness Solution category.
- Susan Hallenbeck, PhD, Director of Product Marketing, Hobsons
- Maureen Forman, Product Manager, Hobsons
“Participating in the NACAC National Conference and connecting with so many dedicated admissions professionals is a highlight of our year,” said Kim Oppelt, Education and Outreach Manager at Hobsons. “Our goal is to help counselors leverage the best tools possible to connect with their peers and help students find their best-fit colleges to achieve their post-secondary goals.”
For additional information on Hobsons’ NACAC presentations and to request a meeting, visit here.
Hobsons helps students identify their strengths, explore careers, create academic plans, match to best-fit educational opportunities, and reach their education and life goals. Through our solutions, including Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish, we enable thousands of educational institutions to improve college and career planning, admissions and best-fit matching, and student success and advising for millions of students around the globe.
Yurie Kwon, SutherlandGold Group for Hobsons, Inc., http://www.hobsons.com, +1 415-404-0805, [email protected]