Austin, TX (PRWEB) February 04, 2016 -- Impact Pediatric Health, the SXSW Interactive pediatric healthcare innovation pitch competition, today announced a $50,000 prize for the winner of the March 14, 2016 event. The four founding hospitals, along with Stanford Children’s Health, contributed to the prize money. Executives from companies such as HopeLab, Kleiner Perkins and PwC will also serve as judges of the 10 finalists selected to pitch their business on stage. The application for startups interested in applying has been extended to Monday, February 15, 2016. For more information or to apply to present, go to http://impactpediatrichealth.com/
Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia came together to create Impact Pediatric Health, a one-of-a-kind pitch competition to help showcase, and support, the best pediatric healthcare innovations. These four children’s hospitals lead the U.S. News and World Report “Best Children’s Hospitals” rankings. SXSW Interactive is working with the founding hospitals on this event which is part of Startup Village, http://www.sxsw.com/interactive/startup-village, at the Hilton Downtown Austin.
Executives from the four founding hospitals will serve as judges and will engage one-on-one with each of the 10 finalists during the event. These judges include:
• Jennifer Arnold, MD, MSc, medical director of the Pediatric Simulation Center at Texas Children’s Hospital
• John Brownstein, PhD, chief innovation officer, Boston Children’s Hospital
• Jennifer Dauer, senior vice president, Strategy & Growth, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
• Patrick Fitzgerald, vice president, Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Some of the other judges who will share feedback and vote for the Impact Pediatric Health winner include:
• Lynne Chou, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, focused on digital health and connected devices, working alongside entrepreneurs to develop impactful technologies and therapies for improving patients’ lives.
• Jeff Gruen, MD, MBA, head of Care Delivery Transformation, Entrepreneurial Innovation and Physician Council Practices at PwC, in its Healthcare Enterprise Strategy Practice, where he is a senior industry advisor, especially in digital health innovation.
• Margaret Laws, president and CEO, HopeLab, which creates engaging, research-backed technologies that improve the health and well-being of kids and young adults.
• Tim Moran, founder, executive director, PediaWorks which strives to improve pediatric clinical outcomes by developing medical devices specifically for children.
• Jordan Shlain, MD, FACP, practicing primary care physician, digital health entrepreneur, and founder and chairman, HealthLoop, a physician/patient engagement platform. Shlain will also serve as co-Emcee for the event.
Companies interested in being selected as one of the ten 2016 finalists may submit an application on http://impactpediatrichealth.com/ anytime from now through Monday, February 15, 2016.
Startups – both digital health and medical device – focused on the pediatric market are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates for the Impact Pediatric Health pitch competition are companies focused in the areas of:
• Health and Wellness, specifically patient safety, population health and management, prematurity, remote care, or hospital to home transitions
• Precision Medicine, specifically genomics,
• Med Tech, specifically robotics or minimally invasive surgery, 3D printing or artificial intelligence.
Impact Pediatric Health showcases technologies that will deliver solutions specifically created for young patients. Startup CEOs have three minutes to pitch how their company is solving unique healthcare needs of children, from babies to teens. The Monday, March 14 stage presentation is followed by questions from the emcee and judges. A winner among the 10 finalists will be announced at the end of the event and receive a set of prizes, including $50,000.00. All participating companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the presenting pediatric hospitals. You must have a SXSW Interactive, Gold or Platinum badge to attend this March 14 event.
For more information or to apply to present, go to http://impactpediatrichealth.com/
About Impact Pediatric Health:
Now in its second year, Impact Pediatric Health is a one-of-a-kind pitch competition held annually at SXSW Interactive dedicated to showcasing and supporting the best pediatric healthcare innovations. Four of the largest and top ranked (according to US News and World Report) children’s hospitals in the U.S. came together to create Impact Pediatric Health. Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia collaborate to help next generation pediatric healthcare companies, especially those focused on digital health and medical devices, accelerate their businesses. For more information see http://impactpediatrichealth.com/ or follow us on twitter @pediatricpitch
About SXSW Interactive
The 23rd annual SXSW Interactive Festival returns to Austin from Friday, March 11 through Tuesday, March 15. An incubator of cutting-edge technologies and digital creativity, the 2016 event features five days of compelling presentations and panels from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games and startup ideas the community has to offer. From hands-on training to big-picture analysis of the future, SXSW Interactive has become the place to discover the technology of tomorrow today.
Join us in March 2016 for the sessions, the networking, the special events, the 18th Annual SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards, SXSW Accelerator®, the SXSW Gaming Expo, the SXSW Trade Show, the SX Health & MedTech Expo, SX Create, The Job Market, cross-industry conversations with attendees from SXSW Film and SXSW Music, and, most of all, the unforgettable inspirational experiences that only SXSW can deliver.
SXSW Interactive 2016 is sponsored by Esurance, Mazda, Monster Energy, Capital One, Bud Light, Deloitte Digital, McDonald’s, Ten-X and The Austin Chronicle.
Laura Beck, Impact Pediatric Health, http://impactpediatrichealth.com/, +1 (512) 786-1098, [email protected]