MONTREAL (PRWEB) November 28, 2017 -- The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
Now with 70 members, the SRT Alliance’s rapid growth is a strong indication that open source SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) is becoming a standard for low latency, secure, reliable streaming over the internet, a natural alternative to RTMP. Many SRT Alliance members have already deployed SRT ready solutions on the market, and several others are developing and contributing to the SRT open source project to enhance the technology stack.
The SRT Alliance continues to focus on the adoption of SRT as the alternative to proprietary and expensive transmission protocols, as well as RTMP. With such a growing and active developer community in GitHub, SRT is improving every day, making its way into more encoders, media platforms and even players.
In the last few months, the momentum around the SRT Alliance has continued to grow with industry activities highlighted by the first SRT user group open meeting and the first SRT Alliance Partner Governance meeting held at IBC. At Streaming Media West 2017, SRT Alliance members, including Haivision, Harmonic, Limelight and Brightcove along with Microsoft Studios, an SRT end user of Haivision’s Makito X encoders and decoders, held an industry panel to discuss open source SRT.
“Kaltura’s flexible platform is protocol agnostic, and yet we joined the SRT Alliance because we believe that SRT is the future of video streaming, offering our customers a better viewing experience at a lower cost,” said Yaron Reichert, director of product, video infrastructure at Kaltura. “Having an open source protocol that is addressing the issues of secure, low latency, reliable video over the internet, will allow us to provide our customers with the utmost flexibility.”
“The adoption of SRT and the excitement in the industry about the technology and the alliance has been overwhelming,” says Sylvio Jelovcich, vice president of Global Alliances at Haivision. “As they say, there is power in numbers. The SRT Alliance has grown more than 80 percent since IBC 2017 and we are well on our way to making SRT a standard.”
The SRT Alliance is open to new members. For companies who want to participate actively in growing the ecosystem of SRT in low latency video streaming workflows, click here to join.
The newest members of the SRT Alliance include:
- Arbor Media: European market leader in conference recording and streaming services. It offers solutions for managing, recording, and distributing audio and video solutions for a diverse customer base.
- AVIQ Systems - Innovative OTT solution provider focused on the convergence of the internet, digital media and broadcast television.
- BCi Digital: Highly experienced and flexible systems integrator predominantly servicing the broadcast and media technology markets.
- Bitmovin: API based products that help developers around the world solve the most complex video problems with cloud native software that runs anywhere.
- Blonder Tongue: Designs, manufactures, sells and supports digital video solutions, as well as core analog video and high speed data solutions for distribution over coax, fiber and IP networks.
- C360: Providing HD-SDI video for linear broadcast, as well as 4K and H.264/HEVC streams for live real-time consumption on social media platforms.
- Camstreamer: Smart application that powers hundreds of IP cameras worldwide for streaming live to social media platforms.
- Cinegy: Software development company for the broadcast and media industry.
- Cogent: Global innovator in the design and manufacturing of data, audio and video equipment primarily for the broadcast, news, telecom, public and security markets.
- Collabora: Leading global consultancy specializing in delivering the benefits of Open Source software to the commercial world.
- D2D Technologies: Specializes in solutions that transform digital video for reliable contribution of live events, production and content distribution in broadcast, cable, satellite, and IPTV markets.
- Datapath: Global provider of video wall solutions including video wall controllers, capture cards and software solutions to support the IP based decentralized command and control rooms.
- Deluxe: A global broadcast distribution network with the flexibility, cost efficiency and highest quality in response to industry needs and new consumer behaviour.
- Filothea: Independent media and TV production company, combining a proven proficiency at video-coverage and live streaming for engaging and compelling digital media productions.
- G&L Systems: Leading systems integrator and managed service provider for streaming media in central Europe.
- InAria Networks: Leading live & secure video transport provider with its flagship OTT video CDN/VPN managed video transport network.
- Kaltura: Video solutions for media, service providers, enterprises, and education - OTT TV, Webcasting, Enterprise YouTube, VPaaS – live and VOD.
- Make.TV: Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) enables broadcasters and publishers to discover, curate and distribute live video from any device to any destination.
- Mediavision Cloud: Provides design, consulting and implementation related to broadcast & media workflows, supply chain, cloud migration and deployment.
- MicroVideo: Offers signal processing, data insertion and management, and remote studio products for use in broadcast, social media and AV markets.
- NGCodec: Next-generation video compression leveraging FPGAs.
- OSDE Software: Manufacturer of H.264 and H.265 video encoders and decoders, used in the guide switch of video (2k, 4k, 8k), encoding and IP transmission.
- Paltek: Offering 4K H.264/H.265 original design manufacturing services to customers in the field of hardware and software in Japan.
- Securonet: Provides a suite of video security products to law enforcement, including FieldWatch™, a real-time blue force tracking and video streaming platform protecting citizens at large public events.
- Skandha Media Services: A global video service provider for IP/cloud broadcasting, distribution & OTT infrastructure as a service.
- Sohonet: Provides the largest private network for media and entertainment, along with key SaaS services for file transfer & storage, remote collaboration and public cloud acceleration.
- StreamDynamics: End-to-end streaming solutions which solve the needs unique to large organizations, small government and houses of worship.
- Vantrix: Global leader in next generation video processing solutions and 360 virtual reality systems.
- Videon Central: Videon designs and manufactures direct-to-web encoders and decoders for live event broadcasting that fit into every budget.
- Vision247: Media technology and content distribution company providing end to end solutions to television channels and content owners, including satellite playout, studio facilities, multi-screen and OTT IPTV services, smart TV and mobile apps.
- Volcano City: A provider of bespoke live streaming solutions and system integrations.
- Vyoocam: The most advanced wearable camera, the first one that works with any mobile app, connects to any Bluetooth headphones and the one you can easily clip-on to any glasses.
- Winnov: Manufactures open rich media capture and streaming solutions that are used by leading organizations in lecture capture, corporate communications and live event markets.
About SRT Alliance
The SRT Alliance was founded by Haivision and Wowza. The mission of the SRT Alliance is to overcome the challenges of low-latency video streaming, thereby changing the way the world streams. Fundamental to this mission is the support of a freely available open-source video transport protocol that will accelerate innovation through collaborative development. The SRT Alliance will promote the industry-wide recognition and adoption of SRT as a common standard for all low-latency internet streaming. For more information on how to join the SRT Alliance, visit srtalliance.org.
Jennifer Gazin, Haivision, http://www.haivision.com, +1 5146612315, [email protected]