Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) April 28, 2017 -- Delta Care Rx, a leading pharmaceutical innovator in the field of hospice medicine, today launches its new, full service durable medical equipment (DME) management product. For the first time ever, busy clinicians can now manage both hospice pharmacy and DME from a single point of access.
The Delta Care Rx DME Management service, like its Hospice Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) solution, integrates effortlessly with industry standard electronic medical records (EMR) system. Clinicians can access either or both options from any smart phone, laptop, or tablet from a single point of access. The application’s ease of use makes it possible to:
• Maximize hospice care team efficiency with a single point of access to meet DME and Pharmacy needs, eliminating the need for multiple entries of demographic and order details
• Continue to work with current, local DME and Pharmacy providers, while integrating the Delta Care Rx smart technology into existing workflow
• Access the advanced administrative dashboard to manage DME financials including audit history, per patient day (PPD) history and comparison, real-time visibility of ordering trends, and high cost drivers
• Receive interdisciplinary team (IDT ) support for clinical teams and access current patient utilization DME data reports for team or group meetings.
• Track DME in real time and generate customized on-demand reports for both DME and Pharmacy
• Reduce costs via smart ordering and increase clinician efficiency, including bedside ordering
• Consolidate and simplify invoicing for both Pharmacy and DME
“This fully integrated dual workflow cannot be found anywhere else in the industry,” says Drew Mihalyo, PharmD, President, and COO at Delta Care Rx. “Our DME management service offers simplicity, efficiency, innovation, significant time and cost savings, and quality on-demand reporting.”
The DME product development team drew upon in-house expertise from David Clapp, national director of business development, and Helen New, national director of client strategies. The two colleagues draw upon extensive combined experience in the hospice DME industry. Their combined knowledge led Delta Care Rx to create a system tailored to serve specific hospice needs such as real-time DME information available to nurses on the go, the technology aspects needed for hospice leadership to have the tools to make important financial decisions, and enhanced DME vendor relationships within the hospice arena.
“Technology: that’s really where Delta Care Rx excels within the hospice pharmacy space, and now the hospice DME space as well,” Clapp says.
Hospice nurses or clinicians can order at the bedside and remain current in their patient’s DME situation, says New.
“Delta Care Rx recognizes that clinicians need to focus on people rather than tasks,” she says. “Our DME management product increases time for patient care and clears routine tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner possible.”
Also, care teams can track equipment that may have been left in the room or not picked up when they thought it was, a real cost saver. Administrators can view real time data on how the team is ordering and spending money, looking at what is driving costs. The tool makes it possible to monitor the present as well as predict for the future.
“Basically, when we combine hospice pharmacy and DME management, we put hospice leaders in the best decision making position to maximize dollars and efficiencies,” Clapp says.
About Delta Care Rx
Delta Care Rx, http://www.deltacarerx.com, transforms and improves the hospice pharmacy industry through business transparency, innovation, extreme customer service, and the maintenance of vital community-pharmacy relationships. As a pharmacist owned, privately held provider, Delta Care Rx sets the industry benchmark for pharmacy benefit management, on-demand pharmacist services, and hospice tailored electronic prescribing. Additionally, Delta Care Rx offers tools and technologies to simplify essential workflow and ordering processes within hospice settings.
Sherri Mclendon, Mclendon Bylines, http://www.sherrimclendon.com, +1 (412) 539-9337, [email protected]
SOURCE Mclendon Bylines