Charleston, SC (PRWEB) November 25, 2013 -- November is National Child Safety Protection Month, and McKenna Agency, Inc. wants to help spread awareness and keep families safe by offering safety tips for kids. Some safety practices are common sense, however sometimes it’s not always easy to keep children safe at home, in the car, or elsewhere.
Here are some child safety protection tips to help keep local families safe and healthy:
• According to the World Health Organization, car accidents are the leading cause of death of children in America. Parents should always follow the car seat safety and use guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Depending on the age, height, and weight of a child, various types of child seats and positions in the car are necessary. As children get older and no longer require car seats, it’s crucial for parents to stress the importance of wearing a seat belt every time the child is in the car.
• Teach proper fire safety to children and create a family escape plan in case of fire. It’s also crucial to maintain all smoke detectors in your home, to make sure that they are properly functioning.
• Medicines, cleaners, chemicals, sharp objects, and other potentially dangerous items should be kept completely out of children’s’ reach. Suggested places include high cabinets, or even ones with locks on them.
• Teach children the importance of wearing safety protective gear such as helmets, shin guards, eye protection, mouth guards, and other equipment when participating in certain sports. The simple act of wearing a helmet can help prevent serious injuries and brain damage.
• For older kids, it’s important for parents to explain appropriate and safe Internet use. For example, explain to children that they should never give out personal information online, or speak to anyone that they do not know via the Internet.
Following tips such as these from McKenna Agency, Inc. can help keep children and families safer. To keep consumers financially secure, the agency offers a variety of insurance products including auto insurance and home insurance. For more information, local residents can contact the agency at 843-795-0189.
About McKenna Agency, Inc.:
McKenna Agency, Inc. is proud to provide its clients exceptional products and services throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, and Minnesota, helping them meet their personal property and business needs. Built on specialized attention, customized service, and long-lasting relationships, McKenna Agency, Inc. is positioned to cover the livelihoods of each and every one of its clients. Whether clients are looking for policies to cover their business needs, hoping to protect their and their families’ property from damage, or seeking anything in between, they can expect great attention to detail, a well-rounded knowledge of the insurance industry, and tight partnership in choosing the most fitting plans for their situations. Clients can sit back and enjoy, while McKenna Agency, Inc. will match them with the right insurance coverage.
Natalie Tomasso, Astonish, http://www.astonish.com/, +1 (401) 773-7468, [email protected]