Santa Ana, CA (PRWEB) March 31, 2016 -- MediaGear today announced a Kickstarter campaign for its Universal Android A/V Data Dock with built-in USB expansion port that connects Android smartphones and tablets to larger HDMI screens for sharing videos, enhanced gaming, and light desktop work.
Unlike custom adapters that only work for specific phone models, the Android A/V Data Dock is a universal solution that accepts any smartphone or tablet running Android 5.0 and above. Just connect the mobile device through USB to the Android A/V Data Dock and onto a larger HDMI screen to start enjoying HD movies in full 1080p, higher gaming scores with a connected USB gamepad or joystick, and the ability to edit office documents using a full-size USB keyboard and mouse.
“Our A/V Data Dock is plug-and-play ready for the latest Android mobile devices”, says Richard Gurecki of MediaGear. “It can be used at home, at work, in conference rooms or hotels to mirror a smartphone display onto the large screen of a desktop monitor or TV. The Dual View/Dual Mode, included with the free software app, even lets you use your phone at the same time you're watching a movie."
The benefits of MediaGear’s Universal Android A/V Data Dock include:
- Plays back HD movies directly from smartphone or USB device in full 1080p resolution over HDMI
- Dual View/Phone Mode Software lets you use your phone at the same time while playing a video on the large screen
- Copy files to/from smartphones to attached USB flash drives or hard drives
- Edit office documents on large screen by connecting a full-size USB keyboard and mouse
- Turns your smartphone into a gaming console with support for USB gamepad or joystick
- Use your phone's camera and a large screen for video conferencing to see and hear everyone on a group call
- Fully charges or tops off your mobile device while connected to the A/V Data Dock
- Future proofed with USB-C connector to support the newest smartphones
- Works with any Android 5.0 and above smartphone or tablet
- Includes free software app and an 18W power adapter
With a successful Kickstarter campaign, the MediaGear Universal Android A/V Data Dock will ship in July with an MSRP of $49. Early backers can purchase the dock at over 50% savings starting at $24. To get behind the Kickstarter campaign, go to http://www.mediagearpro.com.
Formed from a small Android enthusiasts group inside a 15+ year old technology company, MediaGear brings new startup energy with innovative ideas for mobile and PC connectivity. With years of experience building accessory products for the world’s largest PC companies, and leveraging world-class software development, efficient supply-chain, and low-cost manufacturing, the team is committed to introduce more exciting new tech for mobile devices and PC connectivity – direct from manufacturing to you!
For more information, please contact sales(at)mediagearpro(dot)com
Richard Gurecki, Media Gear, http://www.mediagearpro.com, +1 (603) 686-0323, [email protected]
SOURCE Media Gear