Los Angeles, Calif. (PRWEB) June 30, 2015 -- Melanie Monteiro, dog safety expert and author of “The Safe Dog Handbook,” today announces a new online certificate course for dedicated dog owners and pet professionals. “Dog CPR, First Aid & Safety for Pet Pros & Dedicated Owners” is a three hour, web-based dog safety course that provides dog owners and pet pros with lifesaving skills to set themselves up for success in a crisis.
“Anyone who loves and cares for dogs will be a better guardian if they know what to do in an emergency, and how to prevent accidents from happening in the first place,” says Melanie Monteiro. “Would you know what to do if your dog was choking? What if he was hit by a car or collapsed on a walk? What you do, or don't do in the time it takes you to reach the vet can make the difference between life and death for a dog in your care."
Students will learn:
• How to perform pet CPR, plus life-saving first aid skills for choking, heatstroke, bleeding, car accidents, accidental poisonings and more
• How to read a dog’s vital signs
• How to handle encounters with aggressive dogs while out walking
• How to spot a bloating dog
• Which car restraints provide the best protection
• What apps and numbers to have on your smartphone
• How to create a dog-safe home and outdoor environment
• How to prevent accidents and prepare for a successful outcome before an emergency happens
• Extra precautions for puppies
The course is broken up into concise, single-topic lessons, so students can go at their own pace. The format includes video demonstrations with real dogs, lectures, hand-on practice exercises, and printable handouts and instructions. To help students better retain the knowledge and skills to react in a stressful situation, Monteiro provides deeper explanations about various emergencies so students not only learn how to spot the signs and what actions to take, but also why they are doing it.
• Suitable for all levels of skill
• Three hours of content
• Unlimited reference access
• Divided into single topic lessons so students can go at their own pace
• Hands-on practice exercises and downloadable handouts
• Online discussion board
• Certificate of training upon course completion
• Available on IOS and Android
Link to course on Udemy
• $60 with unlimited reference access
About Melanie Monteiro
Melanie Monteiro is an award-winning writer, dog safety and lifestyle expert, and pet first aid instructor. Her book, “The Safe Dog Handbook,” is endorsed by top veterinarians, VPI Pet Insurance, and celebrity animal advocates such as Ellen DeGeneres. Known for her precise and friendly style, Melanie’s videos and hands-on training workshops are widely praised for teaching pet parents life-saving skills, as well as how to prevent and prepare for common mishaps. She's been featured in national media outlets such as NPR, Fox News, Animal Radio and The Bark. Melanie consults with a wide clientele including pet professionals, humane organizations and celebrities, and works with top brands to create and host videos and events. For more information visit http://www.thesafedog.com.
Jane Skuta at Happy Black Dog Media
+1 (703) 364-9753
Jane Skuta, Happy Black Dog Media, http://hbdmedia.com, +1 (703) 364-9753, [email protected]
SOURCE Happy Black Dog Media