Concord, CA (PRWEB) March 04, 2015 -- As part of a new partnership with the Napa Valley Wine Train, the hotels of Diablo Valley in Concord are offering a free night’s stay in any of the participating hotels, valued up to $100, to the first 15 people who book the Napa Valley Wine Train package on diablovalleyca.com. Reserving the vacation via diablovalleyca.com will earn all travelers a special rate on select Napa Valley Wine Train packages. In each available package, guests will be able to experience history in 100-year-old Pullman rail cars, restored to recreate the romance and luxury associated with early train travel.
“It’s a spectacular and relaxing way to take a Napa vacation,” said Matt Hohenstreet, Diablo Valley board member and spokesperson. “You don’t need a car at all. For the first 15 people who book the package, the first night at one of the participating Diablo Valley hotels will be free, and for everyone else, they’ll still get to experience Napa at a fraction of the cost of staying in San Francisco or Napa Valley.”
To plan their trip, visitors book a minimum one-night stay at the participating hotel of their choice featured on diablovalleyca.com. The Diablo Valley Napa Wine Train Package includes:
- Free, one-night stay at one of the participating Diablo Valley hotels for the first 15 people who book
- Reduced pricing on select lunch packages on the Napa Valley Wine Train
- If travelers choose to go carless, there is premium motorcoach transportation available for an additional fee from the Concord BART station directly to the Napa Valley Wine Train (approximately 30 minutes)
- Participating Diablo Valley hotels also provide hotel guests complimentary transportation from the hotel to the Concord BART station and back
The three Wine Train lunch packages available for the special rate are:
- The Gourmet Express Package - Experience vintage train travel as it was in the early 1900s when dedicated dining and lounge cars were a staple on long distance train journeys. The Wine Train’s expertly refurbished 1915-1917 Pullman Cars create an atmosphere ideal for relaxation and enjoyment. Experience two different types of railcar - a 1915 or 1917 Pullman dining car and a 1915 Pullman lounge car.
- The Grgich Hills Winery Tour - On the Wine Train’s longest running winery trip, learn about Grgich Hills Estate’s founder and how he played a part in putting Napa Valley on the map while sampling their organic, 100% estate grown wines. Following your choice of soup or salad and entree in a dining car, the Wine Train will stop in front of Grgich Hills Estate for you to step off and begin your tour. On its southbound journey, the Train will stop again for you to re-board and relax in one of our 1915 Pullman lounge cars for the remainder of the journey, enjoying your chosen dessert and coffee as you return to the Wine Train Station.
- The Valley First Winery Tour - Make the most of the light by departing the Station before the Train and exploring the fun and whimsical Raymond Vineyards prior to lunch on board. View the vineyards and rolling hills of Napa Valley’s less developed east side as you travel up the Silverado Trail before the Train even leaves in the Station. Arrive at Raymond Vineyards via motorcoach and explore their Theater of Nature, facilities, and eclectic style on your guided tour, while sampling some of their wonderful wines. Transfer to the Train after your tour and enjoy the next two hours viewing the west side of the Valley and leisurely savoring a multiple course gourmet lunch in one of our dining cars as you return to Napa.
To browse hotel options and make reservations, travelers should visit diablovalleyca.com. Travelers can also call (844) 342-2568 with questions. To receive this special offer, guests must book accommodations via http://www.diablovalleyca.com.
About the Napa Valley Wine Train (http://www.winetrain.com)
The Napa Valley Wine Train offers an authentic, memorable experience that echoes the glory days of train travel, with fine dining service, multiple course meals, Napa Valley scenery and ultimate relaxation aboard an exquisitely restored vintage train. One of the few active historic passenger railroads in the United States, the Wine Train features antique Pullman rail cars faithfully restored with Honduran mahogany paneling, brass accents, etched glass partitions and plush armchairs that evoke the spirit of luxury rail travel at the beginning of the 20th century.
About Diablo Valley (http://www.diablovalleyca.com)
Known as the sunnier and warmer part of the Bay Area, Diablo Valley is 21 miles northeast of Oakland and 30 miles northeast of San Francisco, making it an ideal home base to explore the Bay Area. Nine hotels provide convenient, friendly lodging in Concord, California -- without Bay Area prices – along with more than 75,000 square feet of expansive and varied meeting space. Accessible by public transportation, travelers delight in discovering the beauty and adventure of Diablo Valley, highlighted by Mount Diablo State Park, its unparalleled vistas of the Bay Area, and hundreds of miles of regional hiking, biking and horseback riding trails.
SOURCE [email protected]