London (PRWEB UK) 30 March 2014 -- The utility industry presents a complex business environment with some very specific challenges that only serve to highlight the need for utilities to improve customer experience and brand loyalty. Examples include disruptions to power/water supply caused by adverse weather conditions, and regulatory demands such as EU mandated smart meter installation in 80% of consumers’ homes by 2020 and Ofgem’s recent tariff cap announcement to improve price transparency. Furthermore, consumers now use digital media channels to communicate. The abundance of information readily available via the internet allows them to compare and switch suppliers easily and to provide instant feedback on customer service practices. It is therefore essential that utility companies fully understand this medium as it is where brand reputation can be made or broken.
SMi’s 3rd annual Social Media in the Utilities Sector conference will provide the ideal platform for discussion on how this digital channel can benefit customer relations, recruitment strategies and improve brand reputation which ultimately has an impact on commercial success. The two-day conference programme will feature an array of case studies from global Utility companies who have already implemented their own strategies. These include UK Power Networks, Affinity Water, Northern Powergrid, Jamaica Public Service Company Limited, Vitens, and Electricity North West among others.
• We are delighted to announce that Lucy Downing, Social Associate Director, Mediacom has been added to the Social Media in the Utilities Sector speaker line-up on Day One at 09.10. Her presentation will highlight key challenges facing the utilities industry in social media investment and how Mediacom and E.ON have worked together in tackling these issues, and what this has delivered for E.ON.
• 2-day conference with networking opportunities with a representatives from over 20 Utility Companies, including those which have made group bookings such as SSE, UK Power Networks, Electricity North West, Scottish Power and more.
• Case studies from an global Utility companies who have already implemented their own customer engagement and social media strategies. These include UK Power Networks, Affinity Water, Northern Powergrid, Jamaica Public Service Company Limited, Vitens, and Electricity North West among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
• Toni Kinslow, Marketing Communications Manager, UK Power Networks
• Timothy Compton, Digital Community Coach Digital Engagement Team, Affinity Water
• Emma Cottle, Internet Services Manager, Northern Powergrid
• Tricia Williamson, Social Media & Online Communications Manager, Jamaica Public Service Company Limited
• Kim Van Gameren, Senior Communications Adviser, Vitens
• Jonathan Morgan, External Communications Manager, Electricity North West
• Lucy Downing, Social Associate Director, Mediacom
• Joanne Frears, Solicitor - Head of Intellectual Property, Jeffrey Green Russell Limited
• James Mossman, Associate Director Digital, Edelman
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014media-utilities19.asp.
Plus, don't miss the pre-conference workshop on:
Growing your Sphere of Influence Online | Led by Heleana Quartey, Head of Digital UK, Lewis PR | 1st April 2014, London, UK
Sonal Patel, SMi Group Ltd, http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014airmissionplanning14.asp, +44 2078276106, [email protected]