(PRWEB) July 26, 2013 -- In the last couple of years there has been a high increase in the number of amateur photographers that are making some money on their hobby. This is mostly due to the new way of licensing images that came with the microstock agencies. These agencies let’s ‘everybody’ upload and license images, as long as they pass the quality control.
At YAY the process of licensing images is as following:
- First one has to register a user and photographer.
- Before uploading the images they should be edited in a photo editing software. Make sure to adjust color, light, and crop if necessary.
- Uploading can be done through FTP or directly on the site.
- After uploading make sure that the images have good titles, descriptions and keywords on them. This will help make the images visible, and increase the sales.
- If there are images of people the photographer must get a signed release from the people in the image, and upload this as well. If the image is from a public place, and it contains people, mark the image as editorial.
- Submit the images for review .
After being reviewed the images will show up at http://yaymicro.com, and customers can license them. In order to increase sales photographers are encouraged to promote their portfolio.
Photographers get between 43% to 50% commission on all sales.
YAY Images is a low priced image agency. At YAY designers and image users will find close to 4 million royalty-free images. The prices are set low to encourage image users to license their images instead of stealing them from different sources on the web. The price is $1.95 for an image for web use, and $19.50 for a high-res image. Customers can choose between buying single images, only one if that is what they need, or to buy an image deal in order to get a discount.
The royalty free license grants a customer permission to use the images freely. The images can be altered and changed, and used in multiple channels and with unlimited run. The only limitation is on images used on products for resale where the image is the main part of the product, such as a photo calendar. This kind of use demands an extended license, available for only $49.
YAY Images started up in 2008. Currently the agency license 4 million images, and represents over 7.100 photographers and production agencies. The images are licensed at the website, http://yaymicro.com, and also through YAY’s image API. The image API lets people set up their own image agency, or add more images to the collection they already have. Learn more about the API at http://yaymicro.com/api.
Linda Johannessen, YAY Media AS, http://yayimages.com, 474-028-0139, [email protected]
SOURCE YAY Media AS