(PRWEB) November 03, 2015 -- Highlights of Nightingale Apps LLC's new app Know My Patient TM:
• It fills a pervasive need for nurses to spend more time with their patients and less time searching for information in a computer.
• Streamlines inefficiencies for accessing, entering, and overall using vital information by placing it at their fingertips through a mobile device.
• Allows nurses to input and access patient preferences, in a module unique to Nightingale Apps LLC, that helps with patient outcomes.
• The Clinical Decision Support Tools in Nightingale Apps LLC allows the nurse to receive messages, results, and /or push notifications.
• This app gives each nurse a sustained solution to reduce the pitfalls that are currently happening during a handoff.
• Dr. Kelley designed the app from the perspective of a nurse and how nurses would need to find and enter information.
Despite the presence of electronic health record (EHR) systems in hospital settings, nurses are challenged to have the right tools to gain access to a comprehensive picture of each patient in need of their care and attention each day. Instead, nurses turn to a piece of paper, not part of the patient’s medical record, as their lifeline of information needed to know each patient as an individual – not a diagnosis – for optimal care delivery, that is ultimately shredded at the end of the day.
With Know My Patient TM, Nightingale Apps LLC fills a pervasive need for nurses to spend more time with their patients and less time searching for information in a computer to drive higher quality care.
For further information contact Nightingale Apps LLC (http://www.nightingaleapps.com):
By email: contact(at)nightingaleapps(dot)com or by phone: (857) 230-0135
Tiffany Kelley Ph.D. MBA RN, Nightingale Apps LLC, http://www.nightingaleapps.com, +1 (857) 230-0135, [email protected]