HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Nov. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Pool fence company that services New Jersey, LOOP-LOC, talks about fun elephant facts for kids.
LOOP-LOC's safety pool covers are also called "The ELEPHANT™ Cover" because this mesh safety pool cover is strong enough to support an elephant, as seen in their advertisements. Here are some fun elephant facts to share with the kids!
- Elephants are the world's largest land animal.
- Elephants love the water! Not only can they rest their joints due to the extra bounce the water provides, it gives them ample opportunity to swim, dive, and frolic in the waves.
- A baby elephant can weigh as much as 200 pounds, which is more than many adults.
- Male elephants require more than 70,000 calories each day.
- Female elephants live together in troops, with an elderly mother in charge. She chooses the troop's sleeping place and where they will look for food. The momma elephants care for the baby elephants together. Male elephants typically live alone, sometimes with other males.
- Elephants will take care of each other, and will remain with a sick elephant.
- If frightened or angered, elephants can become dangerous.
- Elephants can live in almost any habitat, if there is an adequate supply of food and water.
- One of the most important uses for an elephant's trunk is to siphon water. It can hold up to 2½ gallons of water.
- Elephants can drink up to 80 gallons of water in a 24-hour period.
- You might think elephants drink water with their trunks. However, elephants fill their trunks with water, then use them as hoses to pour water into their mouths.
- Elephants use their tusks for their incisor teeth. One of their main uses is to dig for water.
- When elephants bathe themselves, they suck water to spray over their bodies. Then, they use their trunks to spray mud and dirt on their wet bodies. When it dries, this is the elephants' sunscreen!
About LOOP-LOC: There's only one company known for manufacturing safety pool covers strong and tough enough to support an elephant: the legendary LOOP-LOC. LOOP-LOC is a global leader in the pool industry with a 200,000-square-foot headquarters in Hauppauge, New York, and 300 employees. Through its network of dealers, the company has sold safety swimming pool covers on every continent on earth except Antarctica. LOOP-LOC now also manufactures a line of luxury in-ground pool liners—with more exclusive designer patterns than any other company—as well as the BABY-LOC removable fencing, a convenient, cost-effective additional layer of protection to help deter toddlers from gaining access to a swimming pool.
Media Contact: Katie Maroldi, fishbat Media, 855-347-4228, Katie@fishbat.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com