San Diego, CA (PRWEB) August 29, 2016 -- Portfolium has partnered with the University System of Georgia (USG), the 5th largest university system in the United States, to help 318,027 students and millions of alumni at 29 campuses get hired by exposing hidden skills that can’t be gleaned from a resume.
Portfolium’s unique power lies in its ability to translate digital work samples (such as class assignments, presentations, and written reflections) into the language of employment; skills and competencies. With access to previously hidden skills data, employers can make more and better matches between their jobs and qualified students.
This exclusive system-wide agreement gives USG the option to adopt and expand usage of Portfolium’s holistic competency network - a uniquely open platform that powers development and assessment of competencies within the classroom, while also matching learners with employers externally.
- The USG system will make use of LTI integrations between its LMS and Portfolium
- The partnership encompasses 3 prominent HBCUs (historically black colleges and universities)
- Georgia State University has already successfully launched to its 54k students and 175k alumni
"With 50,000 students and one of the largest populations of low-income students in the country, we have struggled to scale effective career preparation across our student body. Now, we're using Portfolium to help. We're employing analytics to link students to careers that match their individual abilities and Portfolium as a platform for students to document their career readiness at scale," said Dr. Timothy Renick - Vice Provost and VP for Enrollment Management and Student Success.
- Portfolium’s student and alumni network has grown 5,000% since May of 2015 to ~2.5M+ students and alumni in August of 2016 (with 5M+ under contract through its partnerships).
- Portfolium is the ePortfolio platform of higher ed in California with exclusive California State University (CSU), University of California (UC), and California Community College (CCC) system-wide agreements.
- The company has an aggressive pipeline of large national agreements, with announcements forthcoming.
About Portfolium, Inc.
Portfolium partners with colleges & universities to help students connect learning with opportunity. Our ePortfolio network helps 5M+ students from over 180 partner institutions manage their skills and launch their careers. Portfolium’s cloud-based platform empowers students with lifelong opportunities to capture, curate, and convert skills into job offers, while giving learning institutions and employers the tools they need to assess competencies and recruit talent.
About the USG
The University System of Georgia (USG) encompasses 29 public institutions of higher learning in the U.S. state of Georgia. The System is home to four research universities; Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Georgia, Augusta University and Georgia State University. The University of Georgia is the state and system's flagship university and also the state's oldest and largest institution of higher learning. University of North Georgia is the state's designated military school. There are three historically black schools housed within the USG; Fort Valley State University, Albany State University and Savannah State University.
Jim Milton, Portfolium, Inc., http://portfolium.com, +1 4157469633, [email protected]
SOURCE Portfolium, Inc.