These trends provide great opportunities for today’s retail facilities management professionals to demonstrate their expertise and help their companies and the industry exceed customer expectations.
DALLAS (PRWEB) September 24, 2018
The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM), the authority on retail, multi-site facilities management, today released its annual review of the state of retail facilities management and key trends impacting the nation’s leading retailers and suppliers.
The industry-leading report identifies five major trends driving the facilities management industry. They include the growth of mixed-use retail, batteries in energy management, the increased number of restaurants and medical services in retail spaces, and blockchain technology. These trends are driving change across the industry and will require facilities executives adapt new strategies and tactics to succeed.
“The retail industry is evolving rapidly, and it is important retail facility executives understand the trends driving this evolution,” said Bill Yanek, PRSM CEO.
“These trends provide great opportunities for today’s retail facilities management professionals to demonstrate their expertise and help their companies and the industry exceed customer expectations.”
A breakdown of the major trends includes:
- Mixed-use and Experiential: A silent renaissance is occurring with experiential stores and mixed-use developments leading the way. Physical stores must provide experiences to attract shoppers and shopping centers must become the center of the community.
- The Rise of Restaurant Retail: Retailers are turning to food to provide something extra, and they are creating cross-promotional partnerships to provide culinary experiences.
- There’s a New Doc-in-the-Big-Box: Doctor’s offices, medical centers, pharmacies and other healthcare businesses are opening in shopping centers and in retail stores. Eighty-nine percent of enclosed malls now offer some type of healthcare service.
- Retail Batteries – Now Included: Today, retailers can employ chemical, and refrigerated battery storage to cut energy costs, achieve sustainability goals and generate revenue. In retail energy management today – batteries are included.
- Blockchain in Retail Facilities Management: Technology is a driving force in retail facilities management and blockchain has the power to revolutionize contract management, work order processing and tracking, payment processing and facility transparency.
Download the PRSM Association 2019 Trends Report to learn more about how changes in the retail industry are impacting retail facilities management today.
The 2019 Trends Report will be a topic of discussion during the PRSM Association Mid-Year Conference in Scottsdale, AZ, and will be discussed at the 2018 PRSM Canadian events in October. Held each fall, these events provide strategic direction and tactical guidance for the retail industry, including retail facilities professionals. In April, the PRSM2019 National Conference will be held in Denver, CO and will host the largest, annual gathering of retail facilities management professionals.
About the Professional Retail Store Maintenance® Association (PRSM)
PRSM Association, the authority on Retail and Multi-site Facilities Management, is the leading membership organization for retail facilities and vendor professionals. PRSM empowers the Retail Industry facilities management with best practices, benchmarking, education, discussion forums and trusted partnerships. Chartered in 1995, and with approximately 950 member companies, PRSM community values are founded on a spirit of innovation, resourcefulness, the quest for knowledge and ethical business relationships. Members depend on PRSM to help them achieve greater success and a competitive advantage through quality programs and resources.
Visit prsm.com for more information.