Austin, TX (PRWEB) July 29, 2013 -- Rêv Worldwide, a payment innovations company, and Velocity Frequent Flyer, today announced the launch of The Global Wallet™, a card-based program designed to transform Virgin Australia’s loyalty membership cards into multi-purpose travel wallets by adding payments functionality resulting in a new double-front sided card product. Designed as the ultimate Visa travel money prepaid card, the new side of the Velocity Frequent Flyer membership card, The Global Wallet™, will allow users to make payments in person or online, including access cash at ATMs worldwide, anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, transact in multiple currencies and the ability to convert them on the go from a mobile application.
In addition to the many benefits Velocity Frequent Flyer members already enjoy, The Global Wallet™ will allow any member to:
• Use of card for seamless check-in, and access to lounges and priority services.
• Load money onto their card, manage and convert multiple currencies; up to 10, including Australian Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Singapore Dollars, U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, Great British Pounds, Euros, Thai Bahts and Japanese Yen.
• Make purchases at over 30 million merchants around the globe, and access cash at millions of ATMs worldwide, wherever Visa debit card are accepted.
• Pay quickly and securely via contactless means utilizing Visa payWave technology at participating merchants worldwide.
• Earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points for purchases made using The Global Wallet™, both in Australia and overseas, including earning points for flying around the world with partner airlines Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, Delta Air Lines and Air New Zealand.
Travelers will have access to their Global Wallet account online 24/7, to provide a more convenient and real-time experience and access to funds management; iPhone, iPad, and Android users will enjoy the following mobile application features:
• Access to payment account balance and transaction history, by currency and date.
• Ability to manage and exchange up to 5 currencies at once.
• Ability to realize money transfers to others via mobile number.
• Access to a Global Wallet Virtual Visa Card for online purchases.
• Real-Time Wireless Alerts on Balance and Account Transactions.
• Access to account load options.
• Ability to report card lost/stolen.
“This is an exciting time for Velocity Frequent Flyer members,” said Daryn Griggs, CEO of Rêv Worldwide Asia Pacific. “We are working with a partner that makes innovation a top priority, has worked with us to deliver in record time, and is committed to making travel more convenient for its customers,” he added.
To learn more about Velocity Frequent Flyer and The Global Wallet, please visit http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com.
About Rêv Worldwide
Dedicated to driving widespread commercial availability of innovative financial services around the world, Rêv Worldwide helps partners rapidly and effectively access hard-to-reach markets enabling consumers to make affordable, safe and convenient financial transactions. Rêv’s full range of integrated mobile and prepaid debit solutions – including Rêv-branded, co-branded and affinity payment products – are issued by banks, powered by its multi-language, multi-currency processing platform, and delivered by partners and directly to consumers through its growing global retail, online and mobile networks. Rêv is headquartered in Austin, Texas and operates in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, and is a member of the MPOWER Ventures investment portfolio. Learn more at http://www.revworldwide.com.
Jason Jepson, 9493947033, [email protected]