Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) May 12, 2015 -- For the third year in a row, the International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) will present IMSTA FESTA, its annual celebration of music technology, at the Los Angeles campus of SAE Institute on Saturday, May 16. IMSTA FESTA is a free networking and learning event, and is open to the public.
“IMSTA FESTA is an exciting environment where creative minds can interact with the industry’s premier music makers,” says SAE Los Angeles Campus Director Justin Pond. “Attendees will include professional and semi-professional musicians, DJs, songwriters, music producers, audio engineers, music students, and music educators who are interested in making connections, gaining knowledge and ideas, and accelerating their careers.”
Highlights of IMSTA FESTA L.A. will include:
- A keynote speech delivered by four-time Grammy-winning producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins (Sam Smith, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Mariah Carey)
- Panels on the state of the music business, audio technology, and more
- Master Classes with a selection of companies that will offer tips, secrets, and tricks on how attendees can maximize the efficiency of their production tools
- Live hands-on demonstrations of the latest studio gear, software, and equipment
- Door prizes and raffle prizes from participating technology companies, including IK Multimedia, Slate Digital, Wave DNA, D16 Group, Steinberg, Sony, Sugar Bytes, and more
- Attendance at the IMSTA FESTA Songwriting Competition judging panel to hear the finalists’ songs (winners will choose from over $15,000 in prizes, including gear from Native Instruments Komplete, Arturia V Collection, SONY Audio Mastering Suite, Celemony Melodyne Editor, Steinberg Wavelab, FabFilter Pro-Q 2, and McDSP Emerald Pack Native)
IMSTA FESTA L.A. will take place on Saturday, May 16 from 11:00am – 6:00pm at the Los Angeles campus of SAE Institute (6700 Santa Monica Blvd.). IMSTA FESTA L.A. is open to the public. Admission is free with online registration.
SAE Institute provides aspiring creative media professionals with a foundation of practical theory and valuable hands-on training in their chosen areas of concentration. Under the guidance of our faculty, which is comprised of working industry professionals, students gain the essential experience they need for entry-level jobs in the entertainment business. Our students are supported in their job searches by SAE’s international network of alumni, many of whom are leaders in the music, film, game arts, and live performance arenas. We offer programs in audio technology across our seven US campuses, along with a music business program at select locations, all fully accredited and focused on preparing students for employment when they graduate. Bachelor’s Degree programs in Animation, Audio, Film, Game Art & Graphic Design are available at the two locations of Ex’pression College, which is owned and operated by SAE Institute Group, Inc. SAE Institute Group, Inc. is a part of Navitas LTD. Learn more at USA.sae.edu.
Navitas is an Australian global education leader, providing pre-university and university programs, English language courses, migrant education and settlement services, creative media education, student recruitment, professional development, and corporate training services to more than 80,000 students across a network of over 100 colleges and campuses in 27 countries. Learn more at Navitas.com.
Jeffrey Baker, SAE Institute, http://www.sae-usa.com, 646-355-1804, [email protected]