Aurora, Colorado (PRWEB) July 09, 2013 -- The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is sponsoring a Frozen Treats Progressive Party Sunday, July 14, 2013, Noon to 4:00 PM.
Aurora, Colorado, shoppers will enjoy free samples of ice cream, frozen yogurt, frozen custard and soft-serve and enter to win family passes to Water World as part of National Ice Cream Day On Havana Street.
“Our second annual Frozen Treats Progressive Party is another way we continue to make shopping in Aurora fun for the whole family,” said Havana BID Executive Director Gayle Jetchick.
Participating merchants are:
• Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard, 1105 S Havana, Aurora CO 80012; SW corner of Mississippi & Havana
• Hamburger Stand Tastee-Freez, 938 S Havana, Aurora 80012; north of Mississippi on the east side of Havana
• Neveria Tia Mary, 352 North Havana, Aurora CO 80010; located just south of 6th Avenue on the east side of Havana at 4th Way
• Menchie's Frozen Yogurt, 10601 E Garden Drive, Aurora CO 80012, at The Gardens on Havana (former Buckingham Square Mall site on the SE corner of Mississippi & Havana)
• Baskin Robbins, 1155 S Havana Street, Aurora CO 80012; located just south of Mississippi on the west side of Havana next to Good Times.
• Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 1103 S Iola St, Aurora CO 80012, at The Gardens on havana (former Buckingham Square Mall site on the SE corner of Mississippi & Havana)
To participate in the Frozen Treats Progressive Party, Aurora shoppers can simply stop by the merchants listed above from Noon to 4:00 PM on Sunday, July 14, 2013, and sample of their ice cream, frozen yogurt, frozen custard and soft serve.
To enter to win the family passes to Water world, Aurora shoppers can:
1. Download, print and complete a registration sheet and bring it to the Frozen Treats Progressive Party or pick one up from any of the merchants listed above on Sunday, July 14, 2013, Noon to 4:00 PM.
2. Visit at least four (4) of the six participating merchants to get frozen treat samples and get the registration sheet stamped by the four (4) merchants. “Visiting all six merchants is recommended,” Jetchick advised, “because you get more ice cream that way.”
3. Once four (4) stamps adorn the registration sheet from four different merchants listed above, drop the registration sheet in the entry boxes located at any of the participating merchants.
Each Water World Family Pass includes 4 general admission tickets, 4 personal pizzas and drinks--a $140 value. The drawing for the Water World Tickets will take place at 5:00 PM on July 14, 2013. Winners will be notified by phone.
Additional events this month On Havana Street include:
• A big band/horns Rose Garden Concert performance by Six Foot Joe and the Red Hot Rhinos Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 6:00 – 8:00 PM at The Gardens on Havana (formerly site of the Buckingham Square Mall). The first 400 people in attendance will get a free slice of Papa John’s Pizza, Pizza Hut or StevO’s Pizza.
• The Aurora Farmer’s Market is open every Monday through October 2013, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM in the Havana Exchange Shopping Center parking lot, 2802 S. Havana Street.
“Havana BID events make shopping in Aurora unique, fun and exciting,” said Jetchick. “We want to provide life-enriching experiences. What could possibly enrich life more than free ice cream in July?”
About Havana Business Improvement District
The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is a special district in Colorado created in 2007 by business and neighborhood leaders and Aurora city staff working together to build a stronger, better community. The District makes a difference by focusing on unique, culturally diverse events and fun new things to do and working to keep the area clean, safe and beautiful. For more information please contact Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director info (at) OnHavanaStreet (dot) com, (303) 360-7505.
Gayle Jetchick, Havana Business Improvement District dba On Havana Street, http://www.OnHavanaStreet.com, 303-360-7505, [email protected]
SOURCE Havana Business Improvement District dba On Havana Street