San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 10, 2013 -- ShopSavvy, the world’s leading mobile shopping platform, today announced the launch of its mobile application on Android tablets. With this introduction, ShopSavvy is now available on virtually every mobile device, and just in time for the holiday season.
“Bringing ShopSavvy to Android tablets is just one more way we are changing the shopping experience for our users,” said John Boyd, CEO and co-founder of ShopSavvy. “By extending our availability on additional platforms, we are giving more consumers the chance to discover new products, find great deals and save money. The development of ShopSavvy for Android has been a long time in the making and we could not be more excited to roll it out this holiday season.”
The app on Android tablet includes all the features that have made the ShopSavvy the leader in mobile shopping. Among them:
• Shopping feeds. Access real-time activity streams designed to organize and improve their shopping experience, including price alerts, updates from other users, additions to store catalogs, list collaboration and more.
• Price-matching guide. Scan an item in store, find out if the store will match a lower price and show the app to a sales associate to score the best price without ever leaving the original store.
• Featured lists. Identify and follow featured content channels to receive product updates as well as personalized information based on their shopping interests. It’s a great tool for discovering new products.
Meanwhile, the application has been improved in a number of ways:
• Non-UPC products added. ShopSavvy has added non-barcode products to the system, each with its own unique ShopSavvy Product ID. These products are accessible via keyword search, the browse feature, and through the platform’s new feed system.
• More product images, descriptions and videos. The app now features higher-quality, faster-loading images and videos to provide greater convenience and product detail.
• Enhanced product organization. About 70 percent of ShopSavvy’s product inventory is now searchable by product attributes, not just product name. This allows ShopSavvy to better organize product information and make it easier for consumers to find the items they want and discover new products or stores that they may not have identified on their own.
• Improved sharing capabilities. With additional sharing capabilities at users’ fingertips that leverage existing social networks, shoppers can now share products with friends or see items shared by their friends all within the ShopSavvy platform.
“We are committed to creating the ultimate shopping experience for our consumers,” said Chris Makarsky, vice president of product. “With the introduction of ShopSavvy on Android tablet, we’ve perfectly married the features of the mobile application with a re-design that allows for easier browsing on a larger, tablet screen. Now, ShopSavvy is not only the single most complete source of information when shopping for products on- and offline, but also the most widely available on a variety of mobile platforms.”
Android users can find the newest release of ShopSavvy on Google Play at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biggu.shopsavvy&hl=en.
ShopSavvy is the leading mobile shopping community, with more than 40 million downloads and millions of monthly active users. ShopSavvy empowers smartphone users to quickly and seamlessly locate, research and buy products at the point of sale. When users scan a barcode or input a product name, they discover where the item is sold locally and online, where it’s in stock and at what price. ShopSavvy aggregates product data, deals, ratings and reviews from retailers, partners and its own users to provide the most comprehensive source of information and advice for mobile shoppers anywhere. For advertisers, ShopSavvy delivers hyper-relevant deals, promotions, warranty offers and other UPC/GPS-targeted content to consumers. For more information, visit http://shopsavvy.com.
Stephanie Wick, Idea Grove, +1 972-850-5866, [email protected]
SOURCE Idea Grove